Quantcast

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Get thicker skin. Join the crowd. That, my friends is something that I will never do. I am proud to call myself a christian, and I hope that I'm not the only one on this board that finds offense to the satire shown in this show. But, as everyone else has done, I simply made a statement showing how I feel about the "family guy". If you guys enjoy watching it, then so be it. My enjoyment of riding mountain bikes far outweighs watching cartoons on tv.
Can we put a ban on "arguments" in which the point is "I'd rather be riding bikes"? It gets old.

And the only reason to be offended at this is because it isn't very funny. It's just a cartoon. Most Christians could probably find more offensive things here and here

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Get thicker skin. Join the crowd. That, my friends is something that I will never do. I am proud to call myself a christian, and I hope that I'm not the only one on this board that finds offense to the satire shown in this show. But, as everyone else has done, I simply made a statement showing how I feel about the "family guy". If you guys enjoy watching it, then so be it. My enjoyment of riding mountain bikes far outweighs watching cartoons on tv.
look, pal. Just some friendly advice meant to possibly make your life a little easier. values are one thing, a sense of humor is another. There's no rule stating you can't have both. I understand seeing things in black & white makes it a lot easier to discern and I'm not suggesting you turn your moral compass off completely, merely de-tune it a few clicks. Since you're so fond of bike riding perhaps an analogy will better illustrate my point. Increase your rebound to better suck up the bumps instead of deflecting everything 100% which will surely send you over the bars.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
look, pal. Just some friendly advice meant to possibly make your life a little easier. values are one thing, a sense of humor is another. There's no rule stating you can't have both. I understand seeing things in black & white makes it a lot easier to discern and I'm not suggesting you turn your moral compass off completely, merely de-tune it a few clicks. Since you're so fond of bike riding perhaps an analogy will better illustrate my point. Increase your rebound to better suck up the bumps instead of deflecting everything 100% which will surely send you over the bars.
<clap smilie>

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
As someone who grew up in the 70s my parents used to watch Maude & All in the Family, both considered to be cutting edge in their day. Edith Bunker getting raped was not funny, Meg not being able to get raped is. :)

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I love family guy. It's funny as hell. Some episodes are a little slow, but i love how adult oriented it is. It's been on for a while. If it really sucked, it would've been canceled by now.
What if Black Jeebus was female? hmmm.....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
do you find it offensive that i like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
family guy used to be hilarious and one of the better shows on tv. The past few seasons have been anything but funny in my book. Now South Park, eastbound and down, etc are killing it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was dying of laughter last night when I watched it. But then again I'm a bible-thumper hating, conservative (fiscal, where the smart money lives), hippie hating ass....

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
its a cartoon and words, who cares what they say or do!! its not like a real person is kicking in your door and physically abusing you or your family! i laugh my a** off at racist, sexist offensive humor.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Why is it that any time someone that has faith and comments on being offended people pile on??? I think it's retarded that the same people that lump Christians in with judgmental douches, seem to be the same kind of judgmental douches in doing so. I just don't get it. The dude said it was unfunny, but didn't go into great detail, but then people act like he hates gays and loves slavery. I love that mindset. Plain stupid.