Quantcast

Black Market Riot release?

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
So I know the Riot is supposed to be available sometime in the spring, but does anyone have any specifics? Will it be late, early, any particluar month? I'm dying to get one of these when they come out. Anyone?:drool:

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
W4S said:
Here's the email I received.

Brian,
Thanks alot, the riot should be available in april-may for about
350.00 US

carter
Right on. I emailed Carter a few months ago and he said it would retail for about 300. I guess the closer they get to production, the more accurately they can pick price. Either way, killer deal. I'm hoping for closer to April than May, but....:nopity:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
their Mobs are pretty cheap, comparably, as well, but they use badass tubing and come with a badass warranty.

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
Yes this is the cheaper version of the MOB, and judging from what company is producing it under their name, I would imagine it will be good quality, and a real bargain. It uses different tubing, is made in taiwan, and has more limited options...all of which contribute to the lower price.

Edit: the tubing is Reynolds 725 instead of True Temper Super therm. Anyone know anything about the differences between these two?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
cjcrashesalot said:
Yes this is the cheaper version of the MOB, and judging from what company is producing it under their name, I would imagine it will be good quality, and a real bargain. It uses different tubing, is made in taiwan, and has more limited options...all of which contribute to the lower price.

Edit: the tubing is Reynolds 725 instead of True Temper Super therm. Anyone know anything about the differences between these two?
I agree, I can't see Carter and S&M putting out a bad product. And the steel doesn't seem to be that much of a compromise, the Riot is 1/2 pound heavier than the Mob.

http://www.reynoldscycles.co.uk/steel725.html

http://www.truetemper.com/performance_tubing/bmx.asp

el-cid

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Anaconda, MT, USA
Riddle me this: why can you get an american made bmx frame for $350 but an american made mtb/dj frame is $500-$600 or up? I know the high end steel tubing is a bit more spendy than garden variety 4130, but jeez.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
morethanjake543 said:
I think there is probably much less of a demand.

So you know, they can't really just make loads of them and expect them to sell.
Also most MTB DJ bikes are ridden by ex-MTBers who are used to paying $$$.