Quantcast

Black Out?

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
How many of you guys have taken a crash hard enough that you have blacked out? j/w. I toke one yesterday and i blacked out for a couple of secs. First time i ever blacked out. Kinda cool.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Black out?

Dude, you had a concussion. Take it easy for at least a week, don't drink alcohol, stay hydrated... see your doctor with even the slightest concerns.

You can ignore a torn tendon in your leg, but don't ignore head injuries.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
LordOpie said:
Black out?

Dude, you had a concussion. Take it easy for at least a week, don't drink alcohol, stay hydrated... see your doctor with even the slightest concerns.

You can ignore a torn tendon in your leg, but don't ignore head injuries.
Yeah, i dunno, i rode today, and felt fine, but my neck does hurt a little bit. The only reason i say it's cool, was cause its the first time i've ever experienced anything like that. I have been drinking alot of water. I don't drink alcohol cause i'm only 14 and i never have. I don't think i need to see the doctor unless it starts where i start getting bad neck pains and migranes and stuff.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
glad you're ok, but take it easy for a few day... another concussion soon after isn't twice as bad, it's exponential, like seizure/brain damage bad.

If you haven't tell your parents so they can keep an eye on you.

PS: Yeah, first time I blacked out, it was neat, so I hear ya, but they're dangerous bro.

PPSS: Where were you riding? Are you on a Mojo team or something?

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
LordOpie said:
glad you're ok, but take it easy for a few day... another concussion soon after isn't twice as bad, it's exponential, like seizure/brain damage bad.

If you haven't tell your parents so they can keep an eye on you.

PS: Yeah, first time I blacked out, it was neat, so I hear ya, but they're dangerous bro.

PPSS: Where were you riding? Are you on a Mojo team or something?
Yeah, i'm on there junior team for this year. I was just riding with my buddies. There is a RTD stop by evergreen colorado. It has a bunch of 10-30 foot cliffs and dh runs. And i found a line, with a rock garden, a 3 foot drop, and a straight run after that. I started pedaling as hard as i could to start off. That wasn't very smart, the rocks slipped and i went over, popped the front tube, and bent the rear rim.

That's when i relized that the first run i need to take easy, then bomb the second.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Get it checked out by a doc. A good friend of mine hit his head skiing (w/ a helmet) over a month ago; a couple weeks ago he started getting headaches; then found out he had a large subdural hematoma (bleeding around the brain). Today he had brain surgery to save his life.

I knocked myself out riding at the Zion Freeride fest this fall...first time I'd ever done that. I was stupid and didn't get it checked afterwards except by the on-site medic right after it happened, but I got lucky with it and all is well. Don't screw around w/ head injuries!

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
That happened a lot when I played rugby. I never had them checked out, but it's not a bad idea to go to the doc. I admit, its a little surreal when someone is standing over you and you're not quite sure just what happened, but it is something you really should take seriously.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
chicodude said:
I hit my head pretty good last night while drinking alcohol.

Am I going to die?
Hmm first time i blacked out was because someone threw a beer bottle at my head.

That pretty much sucked....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
knocked myself out bmx'ing when i was a kid. Woke up a few minutes later and had totally lost the last 3 days of my memory. Couldnt even remember if school had started for the fall or not. went to the doctor and had a stage 3 concussion, whatever that means on the scale. fast fwd 6 years and i'm in the chiropractor's office getting my neck adjusted. It had frozen when i was doing a chinup. The chiro says, you think you hurt your neck doing a chin up? yea right. ever fall on your head/hurt your neck in the last few years? this injury is old.

moral of the story i suppose is that these injuries are not funny, and can last for years if you dont get em treated appropriatly.

alcohol blackouts are greattt... wake up with some chick and a trashed room, puke caked in my hair. i got out and people give me the stink eye, knowing something i did that i dont remember. not cool

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
chicodude said:
I hit my head pretty good last night while drinking alcohol.

Am I going to die?
You have a tumor.

PS: you're too young to be getting wasted... wait for college.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I've passed out as a result of a crash. I stacked really hard and about an hour later passed out from shock, red bull, and ibuprofen. It was an interesting experience. It's like when you're at high altitude and you're kneeling, then you stand up really fast and your peripheral vision closes in for a bit, then you're ok, but in this case it kept closing. Then I woke up with a bunch of people standing over me asking me questions.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
LordOpie said:
You have a tumor.

PS: you're too young to be getting wasted... wait for college.

You're never too young to get waa....Okay, but 17 isn't a bad age.

Who said I was wasted? I was drinking a beer and I ran into a cabinet door.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I knocked myself out once. I was lucky to wake up quickly as the crash also caused a hemorrhage in my lungs or sinuses. I was drowning from blood filling my lungs. I was riding with a friend but he was much help, froze in fear as I laid on the ground gurgling blood from my nose and mouth. Not fun.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Does anyone else find it hilarious that this 14 year old is about a thousand times more coherent then any of the SB kids?

Take it easy on your head...8 concussions later I know it's nothing to joke about.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Hit a rut on the lower half of the SOC dh course. Wasn't expecting it and ended up slamming into the side of the hill.

Woke up a few minutes later, had no idea i had been out until I found out that I had been passed by 4 people while I was down. Slight concussion, nothing too bad, got it treated.

Watched a friend lose his memory for 2 days after he knocked the sh*t out of himself in mammoth. Funny, but also scary.

And blacking out from drinking is another thing entirely.

The Ito

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
FBTMILF said:
How many of you guys have taken a crash hard enough that you have blacked out? j/w. I toke one yesterday and i blacked out for a couple of secs. First time i ever blacked out. Kinda cool.
Your user name intrigues me. Are you really a MILF? And if so....pics plz! :oink:

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Transcend said:
Does anyone else find it hilarious that this 14 year old is about a thousand times more coherent then any of the SB kids?

Take it easy on your head...8 concussions later I know it's nothing to joke about.
What's coherent?