Quantcast

Black Rock Bike Fest - Sept 15&16

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
75 bucks?! you can ride for two days at whistler (and camp) for that price! good lord!

yeah, I know it's a festival and that's cool as beans they are offering that up but surely there are enough people who would be down with maybe only shuttling or don't want a t-shirt so that the BRMBA would offer a non-festivus package?

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
consider the $75 a premium to be able to shuttle a place that usually requires a long ride on a heavy bike....but I agree it does seem steep

T

tronfnknblows

I do have to admit that sounds super cool. The thing about Black Rock though, is there is just not enough trails... And with a ton of people that would be even more of a problem.

I think this is something for those people who are looking not just to ride, but more for an overall event/experience. Nothing wrong with that I suppose....

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
consider the $75 a premium to be able to shuttle a place that usually requires a long ride on a heavy bike....but I agree it does seem steep
from the parking area to the top is not a long ride :) The issue, as stated above, is there is not really enough there to keep one entertained for two straight days of shuttling. Toss in the numbers and it suddenly becomes SST with a shuttle vehicle :P

Def a fun place to ride though! I've been there twice and will eventually make it back for a third.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
They haven't had a race there in years.
then i guess this is the first one in awhile- they handed out flyers at beacon

15-16 practice 9-4 and 8-930 races at 10 on sunday

medals 5 deep
pins to all finishers
live band
shuttle on practice and race days
HUGE raffle