Quantcast

Black Rock in Falls City, OR

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
It's an hour west of Salem, OR. I suggest looking on their website, brmba.org and watching for their shuttle days. The trails are the best, very groomed, but the hike up sucks. We met up with a local yesterday who shuttled us to the top so that was very cool!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Fall city is fun!! If the weather is reasonable I would love to meet some mud hunnies up there for a ride!!

Treesaw, when are you going to bend?? Let me know, I'm only about 2 hours away!

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
There was a post on the Black Rock forums that said the trails were perfect right now! Me and RedFoxx and maybe GrapeApe will be there Feb. 17th & 18th. Meet us there and ride!

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Well I can't say the trails were perfect given that we encountered a fair amount of slippery mud, but I can say that Saturday was a perfect day - warm and sunny. The forest was so beautiful. We made three hikes up and rode Bonzai Downhill and some of Sickter Gnar - those hikes just finished us off. The amount of activity up there is awesome. The builders are doing so much work - lots of wood splitting for ladder rails. Blue tags in alot of places indicating where new trails will go. This summer is going to be awesome for riding.

Sunday...well what can I say. We doggedly drove up there hoping the rain squalls wouldn't become more serious, one of only a couple cars in the parking lot, and attempted to ride. We walked up once and by the time we got on the ridge it was cold, windy and starting to rain. By the time we got down to Basic Training the rain was coming down in all seriousness. So we called it a day and raced back to the car. Good thing I wore my goggles as it was a splatter-fest of mud. :shocked: