Quantcast

BLACK STAR RANCH-ABOVE IRVINE(DH,4cross)

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
There were plans to build a Dh course there for a race to coincide with a XC event there. However, someone cut the chain and poached the trail......at least the part that is ridable. The land owners were not happy about it and shut it down. So nothing is happening at the current time. It is on private land and is not open to riding to the public.

mtnbikej

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
They've been talking about that place for ages, I wouldn't hold my breath. Too bad, because if they did it right it could really be a great opportunity for a lot of people.

Somebody cut the chain to ride there? They had to do it right in front of the ranch house? For some reason I just don't buy that.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
W4S said:
They've been talking about that place for ages, I wouldn't hold my breath. Too bad, because if they did it right it could really be a great opportunity for a lot of people.

Somebody cut the chain to ride there? They had to do it right in front of the ranch house? For some reason I just don't buy that.

The entry into the ranch is accessed by a electric gate. However all the fire roads to get up to the trails have chains across them. These are what were cut......away from the vision of the ranch house.

mtnbikej

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
ok, ok. I got some usefull info. It's still runing, most of this is kinda weird. They have already had a DJ comp out there at night. The DH trail is finish, and there are only a couple of jumps. Most my friends built them. You have to know Sladick to get the code and to get out there to ride. Once everything is finished (trial wised) then he going to start having stuff happen. And I guess one of the ranch owner has already pulled a gun on my friend. So I'd advised not to go up there without talking to Sladick. Thanks

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
san juan capistrano old town
ohh alf-if u only knew wht we "OC" kids were talkin about-BLICK from OAKLEY went into my shop and told us that its running(dh,4x,DJ) and brian knows but they say oakley rented tractors and brought in pros to build it , like theve said before if u dont know owners or are invited DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT FINDING IT un less u want a CAP IN YO A$$

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
IntensedhRider said:
ok, ok. I got some usefull info. It's still runing, most of this is kinda weird. They have already had a DJ comp out there at night. The DH trail is finish, and there are only a couple of jumps. Most my friends built them. You have to know Sladick to get the code and to get out there to ride. Once everything is finished (trial wised) then he going to start having stuff happen. And I guess one of the ranch owner has already pulled a gun on my friend. So I'd advised not to go up there without talking to Sladick. Thanks

Just knowing Sladick will not get you in. The trails are being built in conjunction with the Warrior's Society. Only Warrior's Society Members are allowed in the park during non event days. Members are only allowed in on non-event days to work on the trails.....not ride them, due to liability issues. So no, this is not an exclusive riding area for Warrior's Society members only.

I am currently designing and building the XC trails out there so I am in the loop about what is really going on out there.

The course is more of a Super D course. There will be some climbing involved. Shimano is sponsoring the Super D/Dh course......not Oakley. There are possibly 2 Super D/DH events planned for this year...one in April and the other in October.

The gate codes have been changed. If you are caught out there poaching the trails, the land owner will prosecute for tresspassing. If you poach the trails, then there is a very good likelyhood that we will get the whole thing shut down. So please stay out of the park unless you are there to attend an official event. There will be plenty of these throughout the year so there will be ample time to ride the trails.

Non-Warrior's Society Members will not be allowed to go out and ride anytime they want. This is private property. Sladick knows this as he was informed a while back about it.

Hope this clears everybody up on what is and what isn't going to go on out there.

mtnbikej

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Fonzie18 said:
Hahaha, I love internet forums. So many people talking about things they almost know about.

I am building the XC trails in the same park.......so I do know about what is going on.:love: :love:

mtnbikej

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
sjcX3oldtown said:
ohh alf-if u only knew wht we "OC" kids were talkin about-BLICK from OAKLEY went into my shop and told us that its running(dh,4x,DJ) and brian knows but they say oakley rented tractors and brought in pros to build it , like theve said before if u dont know owners or are invited DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT FINDING IT un less u want a CAP IN YO A$$

Shimano is funding the operation and construction of the Super D/DH course.

mtnbikej

THEDUDE

Chimp
Dec 27, 2003
GAY GAY GAY, This place sounds about as cool as a rainbow flag. Best of luck, this ship is going to sink sooooo fast

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
san juan capistrano old town
fck u as$hole us oc kids live in trailers and ride bieks that are worth more than are cars and work with people and ride better than anyone _ pros live in oc and thats y i love it here- any ways u XC guy y u gotta be a dick- i have OAKLEY reps inviting me to build and ride (lopes is designing the "DH COARSE" ) so why dont u do us all a favor and help us out

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Homey said:
Will this place be advertised or is this another place where only the "cool" people get to go?
Well...if this is the case...then only W4S will be allowed in cuz he is the only cool guy who does it all...XC, DH, DJ, Urban, chick magnet, rock star and he lives in L.A.!:evil:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Edgy said:
Well...if this is the case...then only W4S will be allowed in cuz he is the only cool guy who does it all...XC, DH, DJ, Urban, chick magnet, rock star and he lives in L.A.!:evil:
damn dude, do you have a hidden camera in my apartment? But I agree, I should be the only one to ride there cause then I could barter for pretty much anything .

And I'm not sure that my DJ'ing could actually be considered Dj'ing, more like Dhopping.

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
sjcX3oldtown said:
fck u as$hole us oc kids live in trailers and ride bieks that are worth more than are cars and work with people and ride better than anyone _ pros live in oc and thats y i love it here- any ways u XC guy y u gotta be a dick- i have OAKLEY reps inviting me to build and ride (lopes is designing the "DH COARSE" ) so why dont u do us all a favor and help us out
Shut up Stevo. No Lopes is not designing the DH course. The DH course is already done!!! Lopes is however trying to get together pple for the 4X course. He was the one who built the jumps out there with his tractor. So think before you speek. Cause DH is finished. And like I said before, you have to know Sladick to go out there. I'm sure he will be putting riding datses somewhere on this forum that everyone can come. So just hold your horses, and see what happens when it's finished, dont go giving oppinions just yet. No one has even ridden there!

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
I was asked to come out there and have a look around and maybe do some building a few 6 months ago. I was told that I was gonna get paid to design and build the courses, when I heard that I knew it was B.S., who in the heck gets paid to build? Blowout! The rain is tryin' to give us some dig time(The District) but it seems to be falling short. Speaking of, I was down at the district yesterday having a look around and was quite suprised to see that somebody was actually throwing some dirt. Would you ever imagine that somebody other than the devil was down there "helping"out! WOW. The first set is alright looking, the roller deal is good, the 3rd step up set looks damn good, the other stuff needs some work. I am in town for the next week so I am going to get out there and move some soil if any of you are into some hardhard free labor. Give me a heads up before you head out and I will meet you down thar! Dank you and good noght:evil: