Quantcast

Black - "white" - and chrome. 08 Riot done..

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I posted the new Riot previously, but just finished it with the install of my new Argyle. Now the bike is to where I can call it finished. Only thing left is my Thomson post. Maybe a new manual brake set later on..

Bike rides like a dream. Super easy to maneuver, manuals great and truly rides so smooth. Final build came to 29lbs even. I could not be any happier with the look, feel and increased skills I have gained from a real park bike.

Build Specs:

08' Riot - 21.5" tt, horizontal drops
RockShox Argyle 318
Shadow Conspiracy Torrid cranks, 175mm
Profile euro bb cups
Terrible One 25t chainring
'We the people' integratedheadset
Thomson stem, 50mm
Truvativ Hussefelt bar
Woodman Bill SS rear hub, 36h, laced to black EX721, DT spokes
Woodman Bill LTi front, 36h, laced to black EX721, silver DT spokes
Wellgo Magnesium pedals
Generic black post (soon to be Thomson)
Surely clamp
HFX-9 hydraulic rear brake
K-Rad tires
SRAM PC-1 chain
ODI lock-on BMX grips
Fly seat

Pics:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
one of your tires is on wrong...(flipped, notice the logo for kenda's on opposite sides).

otherwise, nice bike.
:-)

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Is one of my tires on wrong.... or... do I want people see what tires I have from either side of the bike? :clapping:

Good catch. I was focused on lining up the tire with the valve stem and I did not notice that..

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Lowered the fork. The job was fairly easy. The A2C length is damn close to what I had on the Pike. It feels and looks better. Fork will get a workout tomorrow night...

What i love about how it came out was that it is the PERFECT stiffness with the drop.I ended up using 4 spacers plus an extra I had from my Totem. I had to work a little to get the top cap on but that was mostly due to my oily hands....Now with the motion contol open it has the perfect stiffness. Then when I tighten the MC, it locks out perfectly. I can't wait to hit the park tomorrow...

Before:

After:

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Took out the bike last night at the indoor park. It took me a few minutes to get a feel for the new Argyle. Even though the A2C length was similar to the Pike, this fork just reacts better. It feels more stiff and the travel feels more plush than the Pike.

Amount of travel was perfect and the compression was perfect for my weight and riding style. I am using almost all of the travel on the biggest impact jump I could hit on purpose just to see what the fork would do with the MC off. Then I can adjust the MC to lock it out if wanted.

All in all I love this fork. Plus it is super easy to work on.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Actually it is a Holzfeller bar. Typo on my part... Plus it came off the old bike..

What's wrong with that?? :clapping: