Quantcast

blackberry tour = meh-zorz

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
nonplussed by the performance of this high-dollar gadget.
the trackball sux at best. it will sometimes roll left when i scroll right and vice versa, but up and down seem ok. the 3g speed is meh at best, crap takes forever to load. the facebook and myspace apps and mobile sites are glitchy and weaksauce. it's a strong email machine, and it has a ton of memory. the camera isn't too bad. the battery life is unpredictable. mine likes to white screen and it also likes to reboot my laptop when connected via usb.

i may go back to Ink and Paper v2.1.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
jK (or anyone else) - what do you think the chances are of getting my bb tour replaced under "warranty" with a droid? i just got my hands on my bud's droid today and it was wicked fast on the web browsing (particularly compared to my crappy bb), so now i'm jealous and i don't wanna wait two years for my current contract to expire, or pay full price. i know i should be stuck with my decision, but y'all think there is any chance verizon will play nice? tips and tricks appreciated.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
damn right, there is an issue. it is that it takes 30 times longer to run a simple google search on the blackberry than it does on the driod. and the trackball SUCKS on the tour. and my tour locks up, white screens, and smells like tofu.

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
Call them up and tell them that, and if they say no, just say well the iphone is only 99$ and they should do something for you. Thats how I got my tour for half price, if not less.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
The trackball on the tour is a known issue and they'll gladly exchange it. Try downloading the OperaMini browser as well.
yup, I got my first one replaced after having it for a couple of months.

other than that, I love it. If you upgrade it to OS5.0 it runs so much better, personally I'll wait for the official Verizon 5.0 release instead of using one of the vendor deleted ones, but I'm also just lazy.