Quantcast

Blackmarket MOB BB Problems

I've been having a pretty tough time getting the cranks set up on the new MOB frame. I run Profile cranks and had a 5 3/4" spindle, but it was too short. I had about 1/8" crank arm clearance from the chainstay. Now I've switched to a 6 3/4" spindle and its's far too long. I do however have 1" arm clearance from the chainstay on the drive side and 1/2" clearance on the opposite side. Although I have a TON of spacers in to make it all work. It doesn't seem like there is a crankset that fits this bike well. Does anyone have any suggestions with what they run?

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
A 6 inch spindle would cinch it up tight.
I'm a firm believer in profile cranks. If you have to trade them out anything will work with the right length BB spindle. I'd say run it as-is until you find somebody that wants to trade spindles. You're not going to hurt anything running like that.

AW_

Chimp
Oct 2, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I just picked up a Riot frame... went with 6" spindle, 28t ring everything is cool. Cranks are close to frame but that is fine, chainline is right on. I started with 5 3/4" spindle and it was too short.

I'd have to guess if your drive side crank arm is one inch from the chainstay, your chainline is likely bad as well.