Quantcast

bleeding 01 psylo sl

Shogunrip

Chimp
Oct 4, 2022
anyone recall how to properly bleed air from a pure system damper in an 01 psylo sl fork? ive followed the steps in the pure manual and cannot get it to purge the air from the system. it says to cycle the rebound assembly leg up and down 12 times until the air is gone. the air is never gone.
the manual says to put your hand over the syringe while cycling the rebound rod,,,,am i trying to create a tight seal? or just to keep oil from splashing out?
damn, this fork is old i hope someone remembers the psylo sl.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This is a 20+ year old fork… wonder if anyone here remembers. I never had one but recall them well.

Shogunrip

Chimp
Oct 4, 2022
Thanks, these have been the 2 pages I’ve been working with. Just can’t seem to get the air out of the system. I am not sure if I am supposed to hold my hand over the syringe to create an airtight seal while cycling the rod or if the hand over the syringe is just to keep the syringe tight again the cap so the oil rises into the syringe. So vague

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks, these have been the 2 pages I’ve been working with. Just can’t seem to get the air out of the system. I am not sure if I am supposed to hold my hand over the syringe to create an airtight seal while cycling the rod or if the hand over the syringe is just to keep the syringe tight again the cap so the oil rises into the syringe. So vague
My guess would be that you put your hand over the syringe just to prevent oil spillage. Air volume in the syringe and the damper is too big to create any type of vacuum while bleeding the damper. Maybe the IFP seal is shot, and it pulls air from behind the piston? Try cycling the rebound rod a bit faster as well, some air might be trapped behind the shimstacks.