Quantcast

Blink 182 - First new song in 8 years

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So I know most of you could care less about them but find it really cool that they started recording again. Not too many bands get back together after 8 years and record a pretty good song. It's not really what I would consider to be a "true" blink 182 song but still really good. I'd have to say it's more like a mix between blink and Angels and Airwaves.

Anyways, here's the song...I'll let the hating begin.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
not too bad....though sounds like their old music. we are going to see them soon too @ hershey park. hopefully more new music will be played

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I prefer the old stuff, but it wasnt bad, I am happy to see them putting new songs out, hopefully they will get better

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I thought they were decent until I heard them in person and realized they were way over rated and everything came from the studio work. By far, one of the the worst bands I have heard in person.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
except NOFX is awesome live
That they are.

As for Blink, when I was growing up in OC (mid-90's) we used to drive down to SD to watch shows. That was before Travis Barker and around when Chesire Cat was released. Much better then because they acknowledged they were a pop/surf-punk band.

The only good thing I've seen out of them since then was at show they headlined in Oakland a few years back. Bad Religion was opening for them (W>T>F?!) and the teenie-boppers booed all the way through the Bad Religion set. They came out and went on a 5min tirade about how Bad Religion should be respected as an amazing bad that was one of their inspirations to start a band, etc. Then they played a 6-song set of Bad Religion and B-side songs. They didn't play a single popular song or do an encore. It was awesome.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Bad Religion was opening for them (W>T>F?!) and the teenie-boppers booed all the way through the Bad Religion set. They came out and went on a 5min tirade about how Bad Religion should be respected as an amazing bad that was one of their inspirations to start a band, etc. Then they played a 6-song set of Bad Religion and B-side songs. They didn't play a single popular song or do an encore. It was awesome.
stupid kids :mad:

whats funny is when i went out to LA to go see BR, Travis Barker and Adrian Young from No Doubt opened for them and they got constant boos and "Blink 182 sucks!" yelled at them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The only good thing I've seen out of them since then was at show they headlined in Oakland a few years back. Bad Religion was opening for them (W>T>F?!) and the teenie-boppers booed all the way through the Bad Religion set. They came out and went on a 5min tirade about how Bad Religion should be respected as an amazing bad that was one of their inspirations to start a band, etc. Then they played a 6-song set of Bad Religion and B-side songs. They didn't play a single popular song or do an encore. It was awesome.
Glad to see bands that know their history. unlike their (stupid) fans.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
stupid kids :mad:

whats funny is when i went out to LA to go see BR, Travis Barker and Adrian Young from No Doubt opened for them and they got constant boos and "Blink 182 sucks!" yelled at them.
I honestly thought some of the old schooler's were going to go on a rampage. You could just see the older guys (you know, the 25+ group...) boiling. I saw more than one yuppie dad telling their kids to shut up once eye contact had been made with an old schooler.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Glad to see bands that know their history. unlike their (stupid) fans.
You see that at Warped tour. New bands will play covers and the kids think that they are great new songs.

One of my favorite shows was Warped in 1996 with BR, NoFX, Pennywise, Rancid, No Use For a Name, the Descendents, Pulley, Strung Out and Ten Foot Pole as the major bands. They were doing their sets and all doing throwback covers too. Rancid did some Op Ivy which was amazing. It was back to back kick-ass and the fans all knew it. I have never seen a show that packed since.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
haha

I remember seeing them open for a crappy local punk band (Fury 66) at a rec-hall in Felton CA. There was maybe 25 people there. They sucked then too.
i think we've all been in that spot.

i was the old head at a VGS / streetlight manifesto show once (in buffalo i think). show was pretty much all kids to see streetlight, VGS came on and they were like "who the eff are these guys? and why is the singer wearing a lucha libre mask?" :rofl: aside from the band members themselves, I think i was one of 5 people old enough to be let into the bar area :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i think we've all been in that spot.

i was the old head at a VGS / streetlight manifesto show once (in buffalo i think). show was pretty much all kids to see streetlight, VGS came on and they were like "who the eff are these guys? and why is the singer wearing a lucha libre mask?" :rofl: aside from the band members themselves, I think i was one of 5 people old enough to be let into the bar area :rofl:
ahaha. VGS, I forgot about those guys. I could see being totally blindsided if you weren't ready for that.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
NOFX is always a lot of fun live. Last time I saw them was back in 2005 in Santa Cruz. They played with Strung Out and Bad Religion. It was awesome.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
nostalgia.....these guys sounded as good as the first time i saw them 22 years a go....
I saw them then, too. We are old. So are they. Kim Thayil looks like my cab driver from yesterday.

Cleaner version:

Last edited: