Quantcast

Blk Mrkt 357

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
The white one is at my LBS. The only thing I would be sceptical about is the brake. I don't know about the wheelset, but they look decent.

Also, are all badda bing bars that flexy?

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I like the build a lot. I just built up an 08' Riot, which is the same frame on the 357. Good build list for the $$ IMO. I have some perdonal preferences on parts, but that is great out of the box.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
This forum is not here to provide you with free advertising. Please refrain from posting links to products on your site.

Thanks,

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
badabing bars are flexy? thats a new one. mine are fine.

When riding the 357 around the shop and sitting on it we noticed that they flex. The shop owner is around 200lbs, and when he pushes down on the suspention you can see the bars flex a bit and you can defenetly feel it.

tripppen

Chimp
Jan 1, 2008
That sound kinda strange, we have two .357's in our shop and neither of the bars on them flex.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I have the 3" rise bars on my molly and right now I am 190 (go between 178 and 210). I have never felt them flex and I recently nose cased a box and bottomed hard. They feel fine to me.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Hmm, oh well. That's just the impression we got when riding it around. I didn't beleive that they flexed until I tested it myself.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Hmm, oh well. That's just the impression we got when riding it around. I didn't beleive that they flexed until I tested it myself.

Ya know what, I was goofing around in my basement manualing today and they do flex, not a lot but they do. I never noticed it before. I ride with a suspension fork.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I was able to flex the blackmarket bars visibly in my local shop. They were attached to a bike that was on a workstand... I didn't even need to sit on the bike and torque hard or put my weight into it.
And I'm NOT a strong guy.

Maybe when the blackmarket bars are cut down a lot they don't flex as much, but I'm going to stick with my trusty 2" ProTapers.

-r