Quantcast

Blk mrkt with custom lg1 guide micro s&m lakers 38 special

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
The chain guide is custom made it is not production it was made from two e-13 guides michael dont get mad. The rear wheel is an ind 9 single speed hub with four durace cogs on it with xtr rear der.
The lakers bike was custom done for us by s&m its weight is 20.3 pounds and no carbon thank god. Has custom seat stays and 990 mounts standard are v brake for this model

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
yes the seat stay are different because they are tapperd differently with vbrakes because of the flex they also custom painted the forks bars cranks and frame

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
i dont like basketball at all i just wanted a purple and gold bike the guys at s&m called it the lakers bike so thats why i used the name. Dont give a hook about any sports but ridin may sound lame but thats how its been for like 13 years

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Looks nice, but why the F would you want 990s over Vs?
Everyone always says "they modulate better", which I've never felt personally. I'd much rather have some locking power for fufs.

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
i wanted my race bike to feel as close to my park bike as possible same bars stem brakes. pluss if you are a good mechanic you can set up 990 with plenty opower plus its a race bike so who needs good brakes i had how v brakes feel on bmx bikes plus i want to be able to go back and forth between bikes ass easy as possible.

hairball

Chimp
Jan 6, 2008
What kind of chain are you running on the MOB? I'm gonna stick a
pair of my old profile cranks w/profile chainring on an eight speed
XTR set up, and wondering about my chain not working right on the
profile chainring (from mid-school bmx days).

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
hooooooly crap those bikes are pimp. i like the 4 speed, even more so since it's on i9s

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Did all that happen while you guys were snowed in last week?

I really dig that MOB. Go bug herting for a Darkisde. There should be a medium one on a rack somewhere up there.

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
Did all that happen while you guys were snowed in last week?

I really dig that MOB. Go bug herting for a Darkisde. There should be a medium one on a rack somewhere up there.
no they have been done for a while since it snowed we have been building a 1600 square foot private indoor skate park with a foam pit six foot spine and two 20 foot wide 6 foot tall quaters and a wall ride and sub box. We got a warehouse space and are doing a private training place for our bmx and mnt bike team it should be sweet and done by sunday will post picks when its done.