Quantcast

blkmrkt MOB vs. RIOT

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
So it's the "TrueTemper SuperTherm tubing" that makes the MOB cost $200 more than the RIOT ??

>

MOB
Made in USA
Removable Gyro tabs
Integrated headset, Euro BB
Disc brake mounts (V brakes optional)
Laser cut chainstay bridge/bottle opener
21.5”, 22”, 22.25”, or 22.5” toptube lengths
69 degree head angle, 70 degree seat angle
11” standover, 12.25” BB height, 15.625” chainstays
Vertical or horizontal dropouts (with replaceable hanger)
ISCG mount and derailleur cable stops on vertical model

My dream bike comes to life,
handmade in the USA by S&M Bikes. The
Mob is made from butted and tapered air
hardening TrueTemper SuperTherm tubing with
laser cut dropouts, seatstay bridge and chainstay bottle opener. The proven geometry works well for dirt, park, street and 4X." - Carter Holland

RIOT
The Riot is made from the
same drawing as the infamous
Mob with the same proven geometry
but a more affordable price tag.

Horizontal dropouts only
21.5" or 22" toptube lengths
Integrated headset, Euro BB, disc brakes
69 degree head angle, 70 degree seat angle
11" standover, 12.25" BB height, 15.625" chainstays

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Wow........What a good question.....If you have the money for the better one of the two why not go with it....Yes it makes it that much better

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
anyone got a MOB? are the chainstays 15.625" measured from center of bottom bracket to the center of your axle when it is all the way forward in the dropout ("slammed"), as it is done in bmx ?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Well, as owner of a Riot, I can say that it is a bike and it gets the job done just dandy! A Mob's not going to feel any different, it's not going to make you a super human rider, and it won't make you any better than that damn 15 year old down the street doing 180'd, X'd-up reverse rail grinds on his 20 inch, but it may take a bit more abuse than te Riot. Maybe. Hell, I don't know. After my Riot finally gives up the fight I was prob going to get a Mob, but only for the bottle opener chainstay gusset. But seriously I was going to invest in a Riot frame just because. I'm the kind of guy who needs to personally try something out to understand what "lighter and stronger" means. It's only 3/4 of a pound lighter, and I'm not sure what better tubing is capable of. I recently began smashing in my left side chainstay learning pedal grinds. Curious to see if the Mob would do the same, or just get chewed up instead. And I'm sure it's rider error, but the question still stands. I think it would still have gotten all smashed up, personally...
Whoops, I blabbered. If you've got the money buy a Mob. Or buy a Riot and a wheelset.