Quantcast

Blog software.

splat

Nam I am
My son and Daughter want to start a Blog. So it got me thinking I would like to be able to moinitor who checks out thre Blogs ( there are some weird-o's out there ) and have editing capability.

And I have a Web server in the basement , so Why not put some blog software on it and go.

Now the question , Any one know what some good blogging software is ? Would prefer it to be for Linux or Solaris.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
without some sort of login + verification all you're going to get out of that is a list of IPs. not much help in telling if that's little johnny from the 2nd grade class or his perverted uncle.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'd just sign them up for xanga and make their posts protected, only readable by people with accounts that you manually add.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
splat said:
Have you used it ?

I downloaded and installed Blogcms and it looked more like a forum than a Blog.
Yeah until recently I used it. I liked it but decided that the site needed to be something different than the chronoligical blog format so I developed something custom.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Wordpress is the best by far. I've used it on a dozen different sites, and compared to the alternatives it's by far the best free blog software (better than most of the paid stuff too).