Quantcast

Blonde's answer on a geometry test...

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Who's the idiot that WROTE the test? It should say "Solve for X", I'd have given the the person the points for the question, just for pointing out how stupid the test was.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I have been laughing my ass off at all the people I've showed this to today that can't solve it with out a calculator... and some couldn't even do it with one...

I even started asking them to solve for x on this 3,4,5 triangle and that didn't work.

And you though the younger generation's English skills sucked..!

:p:p:p

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
N8 said:
I have been laughing my ass off at all the people I've showed this to today that can't solve it with out a calculator... and some couldn't even do it with one...
Sad but true.

I was demonstrating a problem yesterday to some students (college freshmen) that required them to determine the length of a diagonal for a triangle with bases of unit length. They all told me that the answer was 2.

I scratched my head and asked them if they had heard of the Pythagorean theorem. Pythago-what?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I'm about to finish my BS (finally) and the professor was asking the class about some issues they had with the school or other classes and a bunch insisted that the Algebra class was not effective.

Here's an example of a problem on a multiple choice exam they were asked to solve...

X=4 X=5

I told them there was no probem there to solve and they insisted there was..... It turns out the proper answer was (D) No solution. Uh, yeah..... basically what I said.

Now the bad part, these are professionals who are attending class after work to complete their degree. Ouch.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Reactor said:
Who's the idiot that WROTE the test? It should say "Solve for X", I'd have given the the person the points for the question, just for pointing out how stupid the test was.
you entertain us