Quantcast

Blowing Off an Old Friend

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Just got a voice mail from an old female friend who's in town for a week, who wants to hang out. I have no desire to talk to her or see her. We haven't talked or emailed in over a year, and I think the situation/conversation will be completely unfun.

Should I be an ass and blow her off, or waste my time since we used to be friends?

(Keep it clean DBR)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Is she hot?

I'd say no either way, if you haven't talked in this long there is probably a reason and it will more than likely be awkward.

EDIT: NINJA'D!!!!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
laura said:
i wouldn't even call her back, but that's just me. i don't like old friends.
with only a few exceptions, ditto. Especially old girlfriends who try to keep in touch. Ignoring 'em works eventually.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stinkyboy said:
Just got a voice mail from an old female friend who's in town for a week, who wants to hang out. I have no desire to talk to her or see her. We haven't talked or emailed in over a year, and I think the situation/conversation will be completely unfun.

Should I be an ass and blow her off, or waste my time since we used to be friends?

(Keep it clean DBR)
"Dude I bet you could get lucky"

That would be my first thought if this is what happened to me. Then of course my decision would depend on if she was hot or not.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stinkyboy said:
Actually she is attractive, but she can be kinda Seinfeldishly weird looking in certain lights. I have a nickname for her, but it's wrong.

Come on man... she could be MizStinky #5.... :p

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
N8 said:
Come on man... she could be MizStinky #5.... :p
#4? No freaking way. 3 strikes, I'm out.

She'd actually be perfect for you! New Volvo lease every year, wine tastings, being "seen" at the newest restaurants and complete yuppie lifestyle...

:drool: <---Vomit, not drool.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
Tell her you're going for a big bike ride. And then actually go for a big bike ride.
I rode with her a couple times prolly 8 years ago (On my bad azz Cannondale V700) but after 5 miles of paved trail, she was ready for a cheeseburger....

I could take her down the Holbert Trail, and see how long she lasts...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
stinkyboy said:
I rode with her a couple times prolly 8 years ago (On my bad azz Cannondale V700) but after 5 miles of paved trail, she was ready for a cheeseburger....

I could take her down the Holbert Trail, and see how long she lasts...
Plus there's lots of animals to help with the body if it comes to that....

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
ThePriceSeliger said:
If you don't think shes cute, or you straight up don't like her, then why would you even think about going?
The old friends thing, I guess. We have mutual friends too...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stinkyboy said:
I rode with her a couple times prolly 8 years ago (On my bad azz Cannondale V700)
i saw one of those early full suspension cannondales (w/ the pink spring near the top tube/seat stay junction a couple weeks ago in town. :blah:

LittleBetty

e-stalker
Oct 24, 2005
Mile High State
Well you could just be a man and tell her your not interested in meeting up........ and you men think we make it difficult. Its simple either you want to see her or you don't. Just be HONEST and then move on.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
LittleBetty said:
Well you could just be a man and tell her your not interested in meeting up........ and you men think we make it difficult. Its simple either you want to see her or you don't. Just be HONEST and then move on.

OMFG is it her?!

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I have an old roomate from college that tries to contact me about once every 2 years, he never has my home number or email but always calls my dad ex-wife (my former step mom) for some strange reason. Anyway, even though I feel bad for about 15 minutes for blowing him off, there's too much water under the bridge and we're two very different people these days.

Anyway I hear where you're coming from bro............

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stinkyboy said:
If not, you sound cute. Plans this weekend?
CAREFUL HOW YOU ANSWER THAT! :D

Consider the source...consider the source...

The dark side can be so seductive, you must resist! resist the power of the dark side, and ignore the invitations of Darth Stinky!

You can DO IT! :thumb:

:p :D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
LordOpie said:
Move on?

You mean like how your boyfriend told you to stop talking to me and yet, you still post here?

I think you and your bf should apologize to me for all the crap you two put me through before you continue posting here.
Holy crap, what's all this about?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
LordOpie said:
Move on?

You mean like how your boyfriend told you to stop talking to me and yet, you still post here?

I think you and your bf should apologize to me for all the crap you two put me through before you continue posting here.
Today's forecast: Sh!tstorm.