Quantcast

Blue Hills Mt Bike Day Picture Flood

splat

Nam I am
The rain held off ( save a few drizzels ) and Fun was Had . especially considering the weatherman had predicted downpours all day ! Wrong again!

I got there a little later than Planned ( because of the Non Rain and drizzels ) but still once we got there Pete was having fun , he was ripping up the skinnies this year.

Then it was off to do the Family ride. here we are riding down a section that used to be 128 ( now its 4 lanes each way )

we came across another ride as they were coming down this fun little decent , I wish our ride could have do it ! But some of the kids would not have been able to handle it.

Here is one of our Decents a little tammer , But note the look on the kids face in the bottom right ! Classic!

Since I had the high res Camera , a Little closer!

Who here has been like this on some down hill thinking we were going to die!!!
of course after we were at the bottom he wanted to do it again!!

Who says the playground is only for little kids !

Crowe92 playing on the bigger kids toys

Super modified Limbo Bike

The agony of defeat!

My son brought his Really small bike ( that he learned to ride on ) just for this

SteveC Showing off some technique, unfortuantly he did not clear it ! he pulled the bike back up too soon.

I think He has an Unfair advantage!

Super modified , in action

Who needs 2 wheels to play on Toys !

and fianlly just before they took it away , Peter has to have one more run at the ramp , bcak on his regular bike.

All Told it was fun day!!!

splat

Nam I am
Skookum said:
Hooray for high res!

i just bought a case logic camera bag that nice and padded. It's got a real tight strap so i can attach it to the chest strap on my camel back. The zipper makes for a real wide opening you can get to the camera real quick.

http://www.cybercitysoftware.com/calolsspseph.html
ON the chest strap that goes across on Some Camel Backs ( Not mine ) ? or on the shoulder stap ?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
wow it looks like you had such a great time.... I love going to family festivals and rides. cant wait for Pedros!!!!!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
splat said:
ON the chest strap that goes across on Some Camel Backs ( Not mine ) ? or on the shoulder stap ?
The blowfish and other larger packs usually have a chest strap with a plastic buckle. That would enable you to run it thru then attach the chest strap down holding the bag to the chest. Just found that it was simpler and quicker to get to the camera than having it in the back of the pack.

splat

Nam I am
Skookum said:
The blowfish and other larger packs usually have a chest strap with a plastic buckle. That would enable you to run it thru then attach the chest strap down holding the bag to the chest. Just found that it was simpler and quicker to get to the camera than having it in the back of the pack.

Yeah , Mine doesn't have a Chest strap, and I carry my Camera in my Back Jersey Pocket , but I like the idea of it up front, easier to get to and a little more protected ( Is it ? ) But I Njust wonder does some thing like that get in the way ? or bounce around ?

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
It was fun at Blue Hills yesterday. I actually got the GF to go on the novice ride. Then we were horsing around on some logs and roots that she cruised over. She did have the help of a demoed dually Trek. She's got good instincts. I think we may convert her yet. :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
splat said:
Yeah , Mine doesn't have a Chest strap, and I carry my Camera in my Back Jersey Pocket , but I like the idea of it up front, easier to get to and a little more protected ( Is it ? ) But I Njust wonder does some thing like that get in the way ? or bounce around ?
No if your chest strap (or whatever strap you can come up with) is tight, the strap which you cannot see in the picture is fairly tight, it slides down and stays there. Nowhere is gonna be 100% safe, i've crashed where you endo and do a Pete Rose slide (average at least 2 of those a year haha) and i'm sure that would suck with the cam up front.. But whenever i ride with the camera i'm not taking too many risks with it up front, i'll put it in the back of my pack when i want to let loose a little.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Skookum said:
Hooray for high res!

i just bought a case logic camera bag that nice and padded. It's got a real tight strap so i can attach it to the chest strap on my camel back. The zipper makes for a real wide opening you can get to the camera real quick.

http://www.cybercitysoftware.com/calolsspseph.html
Neat idea ... perhaps you can snap one of it on for us? [preferably clothed :oink:]I have a blowfish as well.

Limbo ... on a bike?!?!?! :eek: