Quantcast

blue mountain DH is back!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
good news everyone! Blue Mountain in PA is re-opening again for DH in 2013. the trails that DW built were awesome and the mountain had an awesome vibe to it. hopefully the trails arent in too bad of condition...now only if DW was still running it

Blue Mountain Ski Area ·
Ok people, here we go! Pennsylvania’s highest vertical for skiing and snowboarding will once again be home for Downhill and Cross Country Mountain Biking starting spring of 2013. Want to ride next spring and save money? Purchase you early bird mountain bike season pass for $175 now!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
good news everyone! Blue Mountain in PA is re-opening again for DH in 2013. the trails that DW built were awesome and the mountain had an awesome vibe to it. hopefully the trails arent in too bad of condition...now only if DW was still running it
What tha...?!

This place is practically in my back yard and I hear about it here? LoL. Dammit!

Great news Rice and thanks for the info. I absolutely loved the trails they had there. The race course they had for the 2010 GES race was a solid 4 to 5min of high-speed, wide open, ripping. I had just about given up hope after hearing that there would be no riding this season.

Congrats to the organizers!

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Went there for my birthday when I first started riding. Followed some crc guys down some sketchy trail and broke my wrist. But the short time I was there I loved that place. It's a plattekill type place. I mean no place can be as awesome as platty or have that riding that laz have put together. But blue is pretty darn close
They had a great location. I live right by creek and blue is only 2 hours from me so it could be a good day trip!

I've been posted on blues Facebook and saw this coming. I loved
That place. They have a DS potential there. They had a great slalom
Course and jump park!

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Did the Water Park idea fall through? Wasn't that the "reason" that they gave for shutting down DH the last time? To devote all resources to the construction of a water park.... With Dorney being what? 20 minutes away?
Just hoping that we won't be fighting for parking with a bunch of families there for a slide.

Glad to hear it. Now... gotta get on that reduced price season pass.....

Last edited:

rgunn26

Chimp
Jun 12, 2011
Anyone know details about who's building/maintaining trails there? The same crew as before?

theranch

Chimp
Dec 30, 2010
South Jersey
Anyone know details about who's building/maintaining trails there? The same crew as before?
I'm curious of this as well. I believe Dan from GES had something to do with getting mtb back at Blue. I saw a post on their FB page that they were looking for trail crew people so I guess we'll see what happens in the new year as we get closer to Spring.