amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I'll be there for the GES race, if it doesn't suck I'll do more. I saw and rode the original course, it needed some major re-routes on it. Hopefully our suggestions were taken to heart and changes were made. I know the start has been re-routed which is good, but there are a couple other areas of concern.

I really hope this takes off, it would be great to have a riding mountain a little closer than diablo. The fate of Blue's future rests in one man's hands, hopefully what needs to happen will actually happen

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
Dans a good builder and rider he can pull it off. I know a few of the guys working on it so i have faith. Just sounds like there is a lot of rocks up there and not much dirt but i havent seen it.

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
I would assume that it includes practice trying to find out. There is a place on the web page to contact them. Looks like there is a discount for pre registration

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
well this is the first race the first downhill at Blue mountain so its not going to compare to Highland or Diablo. We need to get riders to the race so we can get it like Diablo. The mountain is a decent size for skiing

Aikislacker

Chimp
Oct 6, 2008
Good place to stay: http://www.canalside.org/
Cheap rooms, nice place, cool guy runs it. If you need anything bike related, he can hook you up.

I live 5 mins from Blue.... it's got a lot of potential. Would love to see it open all the time for riding, not just races. Racing fees are just too steep for me these days.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ill be definitely be there for all the races..hopefully it will turn out good.

anyone else coming from the Reading(ish) area?

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Appreciate the effort, but that place looks awful.

Too bad that other place Hollywood posted was membership only. I'd camp with a bunch of homos there. It looked nice, and at least it would be clean.

What about bike friendly hotels, any ideas?

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
ill be definitely be there for all the races..hopefully it will turn out good.

anyone else coming from the Reading(ish) area?
i should be heading up from birdsboro... i trust dan to make the series worthwhile... plus, it's only 45 minutes away... how could i not show up??

Aikislacker

Chimp
Oct 6, 2008
Well, you asked what was nearby. I'm not sure what you find so awful about it. It's a place to camp near the mountain.
Bike friendly hotel is Canal Side Guest House.

ejfiii

Chimp
May 14, 2009
Does anyone know if Blue Mt. will be open to bikes ONLY for the races or if they will be open all summer like Diablo and 7 Springs? I can't tell from the Blue or Vertical Earth sites.

Thanks.

SeatPost

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Philly, sort of
I am coming from the Pottstown's area. Word from the PMBA guy's from The Bowl (second hand info) is that if all goes well with these events they will allow camping on or near site and they will have a similar setup to what goes on out at 7 Springs.

Should be freaking sweat. Someone asked for a video. Here is a vid for the super d course, well most of it...

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
I am gonna try to make the last 2 races. Sounds like a blast!

Any estimates on the length of the DH course?

I'll be coming from Morgantown, will probably have a couple buddies also.

SeatPost

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Philly, sort of
I raced the super d and managed to not die. It wasn't pretty sweat and too burley but, more so than I expected for super d based on everything I had seen on the web.

As for race results I haven't seen them posted yet.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Great event!

I was there on Saturday, raced the SD and watched the DS. The SD course was really nice. The last 3/4 was perfect, fast flowy and rocky fairly tech, and favored a DH bike (IMO), but the first 1/4 had a decent fire road climb that killed me on my big bike. That climb would make it hard to pick the bike next time. Would definitely want something lighter/faster up the hill, but I hear they might be re-routing that section.

I missed the very last race of the DS, but I think Neko had the win. (he won every heat up until then). He was looking faster than everyone, and seemed to be able to make up time on any part of the course.

Again, awesome event, and I can't wait for the next one.

Come on out and support the effort at Blue Mountain, there's a TON of potential there.