Quantcast

Blue Mtn on the 20th?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Damn! Put mother's day behind you and break out the bikes. I'll lead this time, but I can't promise a BBQ or even a bathroom.

Whos down?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
I require hotdogs and 120 oz of H20
I can only promise one of the two. It is up to you to look inside and decide which is more important.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I checked with The Tower, and I'm cleared to go. :)

See ya in Peekskill on the 20th. Do you want to say around 12pm?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
I checked with The Tower, and I'm cleared to go. :)

See ya in Peekskill on the 20th. Do you want to say around 12pm?

Noon sounds good to me. I gotta touch base with Hooples too.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
www.WMBA.org said:
Blue Mountain Reservation is located in Peekskill, NY. It features a range of trails suited for all levels of ability.

By train:
Take Metro North to the Cortlandt station. From the station go north on Route 9A. In Montrose, rurn right on Montrose Station Road. At the beginning of the seasonal highway (there are plenty of signs), turn left on Washington Street. At Welcher Avenue intersection, turn right into park.

By Car:
From South: Route 9A to 9 North. Exit at Welcher Avenue; turn right and follow to park entrance.
From North: Route 9 South. Exit at Welcher Avenue; turn left and follow to park enterance.
I don't think they've started charging for parking yet. But if they have (i'll check) there is an alternate parking spot.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Tame Ape said:
I don't think they've started charging for parking yet. But if they have (i'll check) there is an alternate parking spot.
They charge from Memorial Day to Labor Day- $8, or $4 if you're a Westchester resident and have a Parks pass. But they only start manning the toll booth at 8 am.

If you want to avoid paying for parking, you can park in the small dirt lot on Montrose Station Road. Here's a Google Map of it.

You can see how to hook up with the trails from that parking lot on the Blue Mountain Trail Map.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
jbogner said:
They charge from Memorial Day to Labor Day- $8, or $4 if you're a Westchester resident and have a Parks pass. But they only start manning the toll booth at 8 am.

If you want to avoid paying for parking, you can park in the small dirt lot on Montrose Station Road. Here's a Google Map of it.

You can see how to hook up with the trails from that parking lot on the Blue Mountain Trail Map.
Jaime-
I haven't met you, but your reputation precedes you. I'm a fan of your work and grabbed one of the NYC-MTB stickers from NYC Velo (my LBS) the other day. I think I'm going to put it on my commuter MTB for the locals to see.
Ethan

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dogwonder said:
As near as I can reckon, I'm in. Anyone got directions for a n00b?
Do you want to meet me where Rt 9 intersects 84 at the old mall there or something?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
stosh said:
Do you want to meet me where Rt 9 intersects 84 at the old mall there or something?
That would work...I don't know the old mall (I've never been south on 9 past 84), but I do know there is a gas station (Hess I believe?) right as you are getting off 84 when eastbound. Would that work?

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Tame Ape said:
Jaime-
I haven't met you, but your reputation precedes you. I'm a fan of your work and grabbed one of the NYC-MTB stickers from NYC Velo (my LBS) the other day. I think I'm going to put it on my commuter MTB for the locals to see.
Ethan
Cool. Thanks, Ethan. We've got some good things going with NYCMTB- new trails in Manhattan and Queens, great events on the horizon once those trails are built, and a budding community of riders. Something NYC's needed for a LONG time.

Andrew and Will at NYC Velo have been strong supporters of us, and theirs is a great shop.

Blue Mountain's one of my favorite places to ride. Wish I could make it out, but my wife's not big on me taking both weekend days for rides, and I can't miss Sprain on Sunday...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dogwonder said:
That would work...I don't know the old mall (I've never been south on 9 past 84), but I do know there is a gas station (Hess I believe?) right as you are getting off 84 when eastbound. Would that work?
Actually across the street from that Hess there is a mall. You can't miss it!!

Depending on who's going we'll try to consolidate vehicles there or something.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
jbogner said:
Cool. Thanks, Ethan. We've got some good things going with NYCMTB- new trails in Manhattan and Queens, great events on the horizon once those trails are built, and a budding community of riders. Something NYC's needed for a LONG time.

Andrew and Will at NYC Velo have been strong supporters of us, and theirs is a great shop.

Blue Mountain's one of my favorite places to ride. Wish I could make it out, but my wife's not big on me taking both weekend days for rides, and I can't miss Sprain on Sunday...
Its okay, I suspect our pace might be a little lax for you. At some point this summer, I'd like to make it out for a WMBA inspired group-ride.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
stosh said:
Actually across the street from that Hess there is a mall. You can't miss it!!

Depending on who's going we'll try to consolidate vehicles there or something.
That works for me, what time do you think? I'll send my cel # as well just to make sure we don't miss each other.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dogwonder said:
That works for me, what time do you think? I'll send my cel # as well just to make sure we don't miss each other.
I'm thinking I would meet you there between 10:30 and 11.

We just need to get B&R on board

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
If someone got super ambitious, they could bring some charcoal and stuffs. There are some park grills about.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
If someone got super ambitious, they could bring some charcoal and stuffs. There are some park grills about.
How the F' do you have a red dot?

I'll bring the Charcoal someone else has to bring the food this time.

Any word on George?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
sorry guys.. cant make it this weekend :(
you are teh suck1!

Can you make it up here the Sunday of Memorial day weekend?
Ray and Devon are coming up that weekend for Aubrey's shower on Saturday then Sunday we're going riding.