Quantcast

Blue ridge school race

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
So I raced the blue ridge school this morning. There was a pretty good turnout and the event was really well run. It was a race that benifited the world bicycle relief. An organization that provides thousands of bike for aid relief workers in Africa.

They had water, gatorade, pepsi, bananas, cookies, and granola bars... FO FREE. Which is awesome.:popcorn:

the course was really really gnarly. It makes o hill look like a cake walk. Its alot of really long technical climbs and decents. The loops were only 6 miles but after one and a half it felt like I had ridden 20. Mad props to all the kids at blue ridge school for building awesome trails.

I suggest that anyone who didnt go come next year.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
yeah it was really hard. about a lap and a half through i hit the wall. I couldn't even push my bike up the trail. I had to wait for a guy to give me an energy goo, after that i finished but with a terrible time. I shoulda brought a power bar on my ride.

And charlie dos not lie. that course is about a thousand times harder than O-hill. and i didnt think that was possible here in virginia. but i do recomend that everybody do it again next year.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Well, I hope to be as well. I was definite until a small mishap yesterday. I went to O-Hill after work to see what sort of pace I could keep on the rigid fork since I really just don't care for the sus forks these days. I went over to the power line climb to see how I would do on it. I cleaned it the first time no problem. I came back down it and tried it again. I got about half way up on the second attempt and I was standing and cranking hard, but feeling good. All of the sudden my rear tire slipped and sent my right knee flying into the handlebar at a ridiculous force. This is the knee that has been bothering me all year already from hyper extending it snowboarding the last day of the season. I now have a knot the size of a softball on the main muscle that supports my knee. Last night I couldn't even walk on it. Today is a bit better so I am hoping it heals up quick enough to atleast give the race a shot. I certainly won't be in the shape I wanted to be in though.