Quantcast

Bluesky Cycling + Pricepoint...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Same peeps? Seems to be typical (Performance/Nashbar, Airbomb/Wheelworld...etc) these days in mail order. Why are they doing it?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
So I got an email from Bluesky last night telling me some items on my order were backordered a week (Yay, lets tell people we have something on our website, but not!). Cancelled the order and ordered crap from Pricepoint. Thank God Pricepoint pwns. Won't be ordering from Bluesky again.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
blue said:
So I got an email from Bluesky last night telling me some items on my order were backordered a week (Yay, lets tell people we have something on our website, but not!). Cancelled the order and ordered crap from Pricepoint. Thank God Pricepoint pwns. Won't be ordering from Bluesky again.
My plan entails only using bluesky as a company with which to pricematch. For example, they have Ultimate Pro workstands for relatively cheap. When pricepoint did one of their 20% (or was it $20?) deals last year, I had them pricematch to bluesky and give me the discount on top of that. It rocked...and was cheap as hell.

Sorry, but I have nothing of value to add to your situation. Don't worry though, it still sucks.:mumble:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I bought a fork cheap from Blue Sky no probs. Shipped as fast as Jenson too.

However if I go mail order I usually go Jenson, cheap and fast!

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I don't really see why you think they suck so badly. That kind of thing happens all the time. At least they told you it was backordered and didn't give you bogus tracking numbers until admitting a month later that they never had the item or even ordered more stock (cough outpost.com cough).

I've ordered from blluesky before and never had a problem. I got wierd free stuff too like a little radio thing, strange.

Ive never had anyproblems with bluesky, ordered cassettes, chains, tires, pedals, more tires, and my friend has ordered a fair amount of BMX parts. If I order before about noon, I almost always get it the next day. I had a cassette backordered once, and they got it to me two days later. seem like good peeps.