Quantcast

Bluetooth headphone, ay?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the headphones that I use for spinning suck ass. Not literally of course or I would keep them, but every time I get sweaty they start cutting out. They start off just fine, but then they lose connection or start squeeling until they dry off. I need new ones. Would love to grab some that are cable-free. What say you? What's good? I'm not shelling out for brand name fancybuds like apple or samsung, just give me some amazon shit that will last for a while then fill a landfill like everything else.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I know, im not helping. Wireless buds are not my thing.
they lack volume for one thing....i bought three different sets of headphones while on vacation last year.....two different sets of bluetooth earbuds that were neither loud enough nor would they stay in my ears and a pair of bluetooth sennheiser cans that are alright...

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will say the Beats Solo 3's I got off Wish for $.99 are pretty good. I would not have ever paid retail, but for a buck and a month wait on shipping, I think they are totally worth it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I guess I should have specified:
Earbuds, for working out, bluetooth for not being connected to a thing while working out. Durable, for working out, and in ear, for working out.

I will use these for working out.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I will say the Beats Solo 3's I got off Wish for $.99 are pretty good. I would not have ever paid retail, but for a buck and a month wait on shipping, I think they are totally worth it.
every time I see somebody with those giant over-ear headphones all I can think of is:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I guess I should have specified:
Earbuds, for working out, bluetooth for not being connected to a thing while working out. Durable, for working out, and in ear, for working out.

I will use these for working out.
i have something comparable to this:

not audiophile grade for sure, but i haven't had any problems with my version. they stay in place for workouts, are water (sweat) proof (IPX7 rated) and don't cost a fortune.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i should add: the only quirk (which may be isolated to my version, these are all just chinesium headphones) is that the BT connection can be poor without (mostly) direct line of site to your device. i sometimes have a spotty connection if i'm using them on my road bike and i have my phone down in my saddle bag; as my body is interfering with the connection.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
every time I see somebody with those giant over-ear headphones all I can think of is:
The Solo 3 aren't huge, about the same size as my Sony studio monitors (I prefer those, but there is also a wire).

I use cheap ass Skull Candy buds for under helmet.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You o ow, the best blue tooth head phones I have found for working out.....

Letscom from amazon.

Seriously these work friggin great and stay in place.
yu gi oh? the fuck you sayin bro?

I see a lot of recs for the over the ear-plus-a-cable sort. Any recs for the individual "airbud" style earphones? These looks pretty conducive to working out in that there is no cable....

The ones I got are brand name from target. they appear to be toast...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I bought fancy Shure earbuds years ago. The kind that you can disconnect from the cable.

I bought a Bluetooth cable adapter thing on Amazon for $40 or so. 8 hrs of life and plenty comfy. Boom.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have some Plantronics Backbeat 300s, they fit the ear nicely but sound like a fart in a bucket and the braided cable acts as a pseudo microphone to transfer noise to your ear holes every time the cable moves on your shirt or neck.

Also have some Sennnheiser Momentum Frees, these sound decent but the cable is wide flat and heavy, on the bike it acts as a wing and starts flapping. The headhone body is long and I can't keep them in the ear for more than a minute or two without an adjustment, track skip is done by long pressing the vol + button so when you swap to a set of normal headphones with double tap you get deafened trying to skip a track, battery life sucks too, they click or pop as the microphone cuts in and out as it contacts your neck, shit headphones.

I recently bought some B&W PI4 In ears and I am happy enough to stop looking for a "better"set, sound quality is nicer than the Senns, battery life is almost double, charge via USB-C, they stay in the ears, Buuuuut- the noise cancelling seems useless in even the slightest breeze, it at least doubles the wind noise so I leave it off.
Not sure how they will go with moisture as the charge port is open but I'd buy another set, I find them less fatiguing/more enjoyable than my Focal Elegia over ears but there is a loss of detail, guess that's to be expected though.

I have possibly done a similar rant before.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Any recs for the individual "airbud" style earphones?
I wasn't going to mention them because they don't fall in the inexpensive category, but I really like my Jabra Elite 65t. Mine are the previous generation, which had a "active" model with better moisture resistance. There is a newer version out now (75t) so you might be able to find it discounted.