Quantcast

Blur 4X size?

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by WonderBoy, Oct 18, 2005.

1. WonderBoy

WonderBoy Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Hi All

I have been on a regular Blur (size M) for about 4 months now, and really like the bike! I have recently been considering getting a Blur 4X and building it up a little more burly and using it on not so racy XC/freeride lite.

My problem is that here in Denmark there is no possibility to try one out to see what size fits me. I have owned a medium Bullit, Medium VpFree, Medium Heckler and Medium Chameleon...(yes, I know...i kinda like SC bikes..)

They have all been great rides. The thing is that the Blur 4X is a bit strange in the sizing: The medium is kinda small, and the large is kinda, well, large.

I tried a friends large bullit, and that felt very long with a 70mm stem.

Could anyone please help me out here, I am really in need of some sound advice.
    I am 182cm, 6 feet and indseem is 84cm, 33".

Best Regards Emil

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Cant Climb

Cant Climb Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 10
    Why not get a Blur LT instead of a Blur 4x.....?....

3. scrider

scrider Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 1
    I just bought a large 4X last week at 6 feet tall I think it fits perfect, However you seem to like your frames on the small side. To me the large 4X feels like my large chameleon..

J

4. Five

Five Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I just got a 4x a month ago and went through the sizing thing too. I'm a little shorter than you and ended up w/ the size large. I tried a friend's one and he had a large and it seemed to fit well. I use a 50mm stem on mine.

5. SBDHrida

SBDHrida Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I would say go with the smaller option. I'm 6'2" and thought the large was far too big. I rode a medium the next day, and It felt perfect. Remember its a 4x bike, not a XC bike, so you may want to stay on the smaller side

6. BMXman

BMXman I wish I was Canadian

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    I have ridden it and I'm only 5'9" and I would buy a large too...D

7. WonderBoy

WonderBoy Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Thank you, and keep the opinions comming. I look at it this way: The small 4X is so small that I would have to run the same stem length (100mm) that I currently run on my regular Blur. A large 4X is longer an lets me run a 50-70mm stem and get an overall reatch a little bit shorter than my current setup.

8. MikeD

MikeD Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists

Rep/Likes:
    13 / 62
    I'm 5'11" and have ridden the same Blur 4x (I'm pretty sure) that BMXman has; a medium, in any case, and I'd go for a large with a 70-80mm stem.

MD

9. rpet

rpet Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    22 / 219
    I'm 6' / 33.25" inseam riding the Large. I have it set up with a 70mm Thomson, Easton mid-rise bar and a Pike Team.

I like it. I use it for trail and light FR though. If you're racing mostly, maybe go with the Small.

Also - I wouldn't be riding those other SC frames in size Medium, so you appear to like much smaller bikes than I. (I would probably ride an XL BlurXC for XCing and a Large in the Bullit and Heckler.)

-rob in NY

10. WonderBoy

WonderBoy Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Hi
    Could you please measure the length from the middle of the handlebar (in the stem) horizontally to the middle of your seatpost? :thumb:

11. BMXman

BMXman I wish I was Canadian

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    you can always change the stem length to whatever you want...D