Quantcast

Blur 4X size?

WonderBoy

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
Hi All

I have been on a regular Blur (size M) for about 4 months now, and really like the bike! I have recently been considering getting a Blur 4X and building it up a little more burly and using it on not so racy XC/freeride lite.

My problem is that here in Denmark there is no possibility to try one out to see what size fits me. I have owned a medium Bullit, Medium VpFree, Medium Heckler and Medium Chameleon...(yes, I know...i kinda like SC bikes..)

They have all been great rides. The thing is that the Blur 4X is a bit strange in the sizing: The medium is kinda small, and the large is kinda, well, large.

I tried a friends large bullit, and that felt very long with a 70mm stem.

Could anyone please help me out here, I am really in need of some sound advice.
I am 182cm, 6 feet and indseem is 84cm, 33".

Best Regards Emil

scrider

Chimp
May 2, 2004
Phoenix
I just bought a large 4X last week at 6 feet tall I think it fits perfect, However you seem to like your frames on the small side. To me the large 4X feels like my large chameleon..

J

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I just got a 4x a month ago and went through the sizing thing too. I'm a little shorter than you and ended up w/ the size large. I tried a friend's one and he had a large and it seemed to fit well. I use a 50mm stem on mine.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
I would say go with the smaller option. I'm 6'2" and thought the large was far too big. I rode a medium the next day, and It felt perfect. Remember its a 4x bike, not a XC bike, so you may want to stay on the smaller side

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
scrider said:
I just bought a large 4X last week at 6 feet tall I think it fits perfect, However you seem to like your frames on the small side. To me the large 4X feels like my large chameleon..

J
I have ridden it and I'm only 5'9" and I would buy a large too...D

WonderBoy

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you, and keep the opinions comming. I look at it this way: The small 4X is so small that I would have to run the same stem length (100mm) that I currently run on my regular Blur. A large 4X is longer an lets me run a 50-70mm stem and get an overall reatch a little bit shorter than my current setup.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'm 5'11" and have ridden the same Blur 4x (I'm pretty sure) that BMXman has; a medium, in any case, and I'd go for a large with a 70-80mm stem.

MD

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm 6' / 33.25" inseam riding the Large. I have it set up with a 70mm Thomson, Easton mid-rise bar and a Pike Team.

I like it. I use it for trail and light FR though. If you're racing mostly, maybe go with the Small.

Also - I wouldn't be riding those other SC frames in size Medium, so you appear to like much smaller bikes than I. (I would probably ride an XL BlurXC for XCing and a Large in the Bullit and Heckler.)

-rob in NY

WonderBoy

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
rpet said:
I'm 6' / 33.25" inseam riding the Large. I have it set up with a 70mm Thomson, Easton mid-rise bar and a Pike Team.

I like it. I use it for trail and light FR though. If you're racing mostly, maybe go with the Small.

Also - I wouldn't be riding those other SC frames in size Medium, so you appear to like much smaller bikes than I. (I would probably ride an XL BlurXC for XCing and a Large in the Bullit and Heckler.)

-rob in NY
Hi
Could you please measure the length from the middle of the handlebar (in the stem) horizontally to the middle of your seatpost? :thumb: