Quantcast

Blur love?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Hey Ladies...

I've found a great deal (I think) on an '03 SC Blur. I'm considering it for my girlfriend because she's been expressing an interest in upgrading to an FS.

Do any of you guys ride a Blur? Do you have any suggestions for a tweak that made your rig more lady-friendly? I dunno, shorter stem, moar or less shimz etc...

I realize it comes down to fit to the individual, but with all these bikes like the Safire and the Juliana, I was wondering if there was really a night and day difference worth holding out for.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I wouldn't buy a Juliana. The geometry and the construction is exactly the same as the Superlight.

I like the Safire, and you can get a good deal on a 2008 right now.

BTW, how tall is the girlie?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I am about 5'5" and I tend to fit fairly well on small frames with a shorter stem (usually 90mm). A women's specific saddle and, depending on her frame you might need narrower bars and/or shorter cranks. It would probably be best to have her take it for a spin and see how it feels before you start changing too many things.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Thanks for the reply. The seller has gone put of town so wee still haven't had a chance to check of out. The shorter stem and narrower bars might be an idea. She's had trouble with getting shoulder pain on longer rides on her current bike. I'm looking forward to seeing how this contender measures up.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well, she bought it.

Pretty loaded rig:

I think these will have to wait...

The only wrinkle is that it appears to be leaking a bit of air in the fork. HAB is actually helping me out on this...

Now I've gotta figure out the finer points of fixing a tubeless flat.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Very nice! Fixing a tubeless flat isn't bad at all. Make sure you clean the bead really well and use an air compressor to reinflate (be prepared for some pops). I hope she enjoys the new rig...very nice indeed!!!