Quantcast

BLUR LT is here!

kennyracer77

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
The Blur LT is quite a frame my friends...5.3"travel, 6.4 lbs We shall see Santa Cruz give the competitors a run for their money...

kennyracer77

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
did i say anything about FOR SALE? There is a forum for that ...I was actually offering information and my opinion on a frame that many people havnt seen yet...Wow a novel idea a talk forum to TALK about bikes. Thanks for being an ass though ...go ride your bike, you sound angry

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
kennyracer77 said:
go ride your bike, you sound angry
You hit the nail on the head about Westy. :rolleyes:

Oh, and you broke the cardinal rule... Don't even attempt to post about a bike with out a pic of said bike leaning against a couch with a wok, microwave and fire extingusher in the frame! :nope:

n00b. ;)

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
kennyracer77 said:
did i say anything about FOR SALE? There is a forum for that ...I was actually offering information and my opinion on a frame that many people havnt seen yet...Wow a novel idea a talk forum to TALK about bikes. Thanks for being an ass though ...go ride your bike, you sound angry

You didn't mention it was for sale but based on your Nomad thread in the FR forum, it seemed like that is were this thread was going.

I still don't understand the point of this thread. You say you are offering info but you gave us nothing new that hasn't been already been talked about in much greater detail in other threads on this website. No pictures, no detailed information, nada. There are a few threads that give much more valuable opionions and information. Do you have any thing new to give us?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Salami said:
You didn't mention it was for sale but based on your Nomad thread in the FR forum, it seemed like that is were this thread was going.
:stupid:

Yep from the other threads I figured this was just going to be more spam. Either way I am taking Kennyracer77 advice and leaving work early for a ride :D .

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
My local shop has a couple LT Blurs now. I'm told the Nomad is due in a couple weeks too. And this is Canada where we get everything later.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
oldfart said:
My local shop has a couple LT Blurs now. I'm told the Nomad is due in a couple weeks too. And this is Canada where we get everything later.
How is it that the Canucks have all the new blurs? My shop placed one of the first orders for the bikes in and they still haven't come in. We've been told "one more week" for nearly two months!!! :mumble:

I can't wait for them to come out, we have sold all our old Blurs and really need to see the new bikes soon. With over a dozen people wanting to buy one it is getting frustrating to keep saying "one more week....maybe".

Santa Cruz needs to stop taking bong hits and send us some frames!

The Ito

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
It might be because my local shop, Steed Cycles, sells a load of Santa Cruz. Might have been the largest single dealer of Santa Cruz anywhere at one time. I know I've had/have 5 Santa Cruzs. '99 Heckler, '02Superlight, 04Blur, VPFree and a Roadster. Wife has a Blur which replaced her Heckler, another couple I know had Superlights and now has Blurs all from this shop. Another friend bought a Heckler there and yet another couple has Chameleons. My shop likes me and my friends. I know Santa Cruz has sent prototypes to that shop for long term testing. They had a new Heckler about a year before they were released. I rode a black Blur Prototype about 6 or 7 months before they were released, the same one I saw tested in MBA!

J

JRB

oldfart said:
It might be because my local shop, Steed Cycles, sells a load of Santa Cruz. Might have been the largest single dealer of Santa Cruz anywhere at one time.
Yeah - your shop sucks Ito. :D :thumb:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
genpowell71 said:
So what was SC thinking? They have the Heckler, why do they need another 5 inch bike?
SC is going all VPP. heckler is not that so byebye

this thread sucks without pics

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
kennyracer77 said:
Hahaha....

Westy the Angry Poster.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Buddy of mine at work just built up a new black ano Blur LT. I'll post impressions as soon as I can pull it from his hands and get some time on it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
DRB said:
The Toninator has Westy all worked with his ATTACK MUTHA****ER ATTACK in the tour threads.
I think it was "ATTACK MUTHA****ER ATTACH"

:think:

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
DHS said:
SC is going all VPP. heckler is not that so byebye
I would disagree. SC still makes the Super Light eventhough they have been producing the Blur for some time now. I think they keep the single pivots to have a lower price point bike.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Carbon Fetish said:
I would disagree. SC still makes the Super Light eventhough they have been producing the Blur for some time now. I think they keep the single pivots to have a lower price point bike.
we'll see

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
DHS said:
we'll see
As a manufacture, why would you eliminate an entire lower price target market product line? Companies like such as Cannondale and Specialized trickle their technology down to their lower models so why shouldn’t the smaller companies do it as well? I think Santa Cruz has strived in the industry as a dominant producer of high-end single pivot frame builders. So why would they move away from that prestige when their brand name dominates that market?