Quantcast

BMCC DS Course Build Day - Feb 24th

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
BMCC will be constructing a dual slalom course on Feb 24th which will be used for the King of the Lake Series.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195081

Plans are to meet at 9am at the course site at Warrior Creek Campground...I'll post directions later in the week. This will be the first opportunity to acquire PayDirt points for the series. Additional details about PayDirt will be posted later in the week along with contact info for other approved PayDirt locations.

If it's raining then the build day will be postponed to the following Sunday, March 2nd.

Hope you can join us!:biggrin:

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Directions:

From Hwy 421: Take exit 286B,
Turn onto Hwy 268W, go approximately 8.75 miles (this is 5.75 miles past the road to Dark Mtn),
Turn right onto Boomer-Ferguson School Road, go approximately .75 miles,
Turn left into Marley's Ford Wildlife Park,
Make an immediate right, go approximately 1 mile,
You will dead-end at the slalom course site.

Attached is a pdf of the Marley's Ford area. Hwy 421 is east from the map. Also don't let the reference to the Overmountain Victory Trail fool you. This is not the same section of the Overmountain Victory Trail that's near Dark Mtn.

You can also mapquest the school's address which will get you extremely close:

556 Boomer-Ferguson School Road
Boomer, NC 28606

If you get lost please contact me on my cell at 336-902-5979 or the Trail Boss at 336-957-0211.:biggrin:

Attachments

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Just a reminder that we're still on for Sunday. We should have plenty of equipment (bobcat, 2 ditch witches with buckets, 1 ditch witch with a blade, trackhoe, small dump truck & plenty of hand tools). We also had an extra load of dirt brought in today. Depending on how many folks we have and how quickly the building goes we maybe able to start on one of the pump tracks as well....fingers crossed! Hope everyone can make it out!

****Lunch is being provided by Cycletherapy (http://www.cycletherapybikes.com/) so remember to give Mike a big thanks the next time you see him!:clapping:

Bum

Chimp
Dec 30, 2007
Wilkes Co., NC
I want to thank everyone that came and worked on the DS course today. We had a very productive day. See for yourself in the pictures below. If you would like to become an official part of the madness, join the BMCC today. www.bmcc.us

Thanks again for the help and effort.

Bum

Attachments

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Yeah thanks to everyone!!! Brandon also took a lot of pics. I'm sure he'll be posting them later on. The DS course is around half finished so one more trail day should get it. We're planning to work next weekend depending on the weather. In addition to the DS, Moto & Mueller laid out a pump track. Maybe Brandon will have some pics of it as well. Again THANKS to everyone that came out!:thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i got a bunch of pics today but neglected to snap any of the lower half of the course. oh well, hopefully someone will get them next week but i doubt i'll be back as my car is still sitting in the parking lot with a busted transmission....still have no idea how that happened ;)

anyway, an amazing amount of work was done today.
first the course shots

pump track

trailbuilder apprentice

muelstar on the pump track berm

steven same berm

muelstar on the first DS berm section

motomike and muelstar

this is mike's butt on a downhill berm.

steven over the hip/table

me coming out of the berm

scott same berm on my bike. note the pega-corn on the fork to bring good luck.

Pega-corn closeup. Pegasus + Unicorn = Pega-Corn

scott over the table/hip

notice scott's rad boots while riding pega-corn

muelstar manual in the pump track

muelstar on the second table w/ the hump...just thought it was a neat pic

noah off the first table

i'll be uploading a vid soon that explains why my my car won't go forward anymore ;)

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Course looks money!! I was actually in Boone on Sunday but I had a rough night saturday, which was followed by the hangover from hell. Lookin forward to racin that track this year and years to come.