Quantcast

BMW is Worthless

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Ridemonkey said:
No I haven't had a bad experience with them. But you can read these forums and see that poor customer service seems to be epidemic in this industry. I just don't want to make excuses for these companies. As I said in another thread - if any other industry operated like the bike industry - they would go out of business. I'd like the "business" to be returned to the "bike". The first part of making that happen is to demand better service from the industry as a whole.
What people seem to forget, is that for every person who felt shafted by any given company and posted about it, there are 10x the number of people who recieved satisfactory CS and werent compelled to post about it.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
oly said:
What people seem to forget, is that for every person who felt shafted by any given company and posted about it, there are 10x the number of people who recieved satisfactory CS and werent compelled to post about it.
thats what i said at my murder trial. There were millions of people i chose not to kill, yet they seem so fixated on the one guy i did....so unfair :mumble:

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
zedro said:
thats what i said at my murder trial.
I used "public service" and "you should give me a medal" at my trial but that's not the topic.

I just use cheap motocross gloves they work fine for under $20. $45 for those fancy ones? I can't see it.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
zedro said:
yeah, they have their own cult membership like Avalanche. And once a month they even have joint gatherings for pot-luck and circle jerks....

:D
Oh no, I'm in a cult now ?? I promised my mom to stay away from those.
Help! I gotta sell my bike asap! :D

Sverre

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
zedro said:
yeah, they have their own cult membership like Avalanche. And once a month they even have joint gatherings for pot-luck and circle jerks....

:D
Do your issues with Brooklyn lay with the company, their products or the small portion of their customers you come across who tend to be overly enthusiastic? Or what?

I took Kadvangs comment to mean that most of their customers seem to be pleased with their CS. I guess it could be taken another way. It's not entirely true though, as there are a couple posts in defense of the company that were not made by Bklyn riders.

randalliser

Chimp
Sep 21, 2004
England
seismic said:
Yeah....but I think I have heard the same story concerning their frames. People wait for ages and it seems they are told repeatedly that stuff will be sent....but nothing happens!
You are so right - I'm one of those people. Brooklyn aren't alone though, this sort of bollocks is rife in the cycle industry. It just makes me more determined to carry out my industry business with maximum integrity and truth.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
zedro said:
ok ok...then i offcially declare this a no-fun zone!

cant joke around in a cult thread....
Never realized you were "joking". Silly me, taking a jokester like you seriously. All this time I concluded you actually had issues with the company and those who like their bikes with your perpetual attempts to discredit the lot of us.

Now that I know you were actually joking, I can't stop laughing at the hilarious fun you've been generating. You really know how to bring people together and make the party.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I hadn't seen the Specialized gloves. Tasty.

The BMW's (if I can remember right) have nice padding, unlike the 661 Cedric's.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have the Fortress gloves and love them. The palm is thinner than the BMWs. I use to have the BMWs but they were waaay to thick in the palm area and I couldn't hold onto the grips. It felt like I was running the ol school OURY grips. :)

The Fortress is super ventilated and comfy. They are a lot like the Oakleys.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
i would try on the Fortress before buying tho, i found they didnt quite fit my hands properly; there was excess material in the palm and the knuckles felt out of place.

But pretty much the only gloves that fit me really nice are Answer for some reason.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i had the BMW gloves. fit my hands like too tightly. couldn't really bend my fingers properly.
so gave em away.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I sold my BMWs for $20 and only used them one ride. Way to thick in the palms for me. The Fortress fits a lot different. Gloves are one thing a guy should ALWAYS try on before buying.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
See... now THIS is what I'm talking about! I tried to get some people all riled up over in the Yeti 303 thread, thinking some pictures of the new bike actually being ridden would spark some ehated debate and insults but NOOOOOOOOO! Maybe some of YOU guys should head over there and cause some commotion or sumpin'!

Hi TMX What's up?!

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Full Trucker said:
See... now THIS is what I'm talking about! I tried to get some people all riled up over in the Yeti 303 thread, thinking some pictures of the new bike actually being ridden would spark some ehated debate and insults but NOOOOOOOOO! Maybe some of YOU guys should head over there and cause some commotion or sumpin'!

Hi TMX What's up?!
thats cus the Yeti controversy happened months ago....you should have done your ****disturbers research :nope:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Full Trucker said:

Hi TMX What's up?!
TRUCKLY!!!!! I've been wondering about you sir. How's tricks?! That shot Spomeo took of you jumping, post-backyuck, is in regular rotation on this here computer of mine. Hope all is well and that I get to see you sometime this season. (Many times would be best. :) )

Anyway, back to the matter at hand....I've often wondered why the Brookyn fans are treated as cult freaks for being so excited about their bikes when we don't hold a candle to the Yetians. It's a pleasure to see this point was brought up by one of the biggest Yeti fans I know. (You're tied with threepointtwo.)

I've also noticed that certain haters bring up the brand of bike I use much more frequently than I when I'm posting in a non-Brooklyn thread. Perhaps they've got Bklyn so deeply imbedded into their psyche they're projecting it on me. LOL. Then they go and refer to us as a cult. Richness.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Yeah, never shop at bikesomewhere.com
We shipped it last thursday
oh! you'rre canceling your ourder???

we won't ship it then,

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
lol i work at lowes and some packages we recieve will say " please ship to store 1803 (the store i work in) date. 1/12/05, ASAP" so some companys are totally asses as far shipping stuff out at all.