Quantcast

BMX bars

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
are there any low rise(less than 5") bars out there? will a mtb handle bar work in a bmx stem?

o yeah..is poverty a fairly good company with strong components?

thanks a bunch

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
Originally posted by amateur
are there any low rise(less than 5") bars out there? will a mtb handle bar work in a bmx stem?

o yeah..is poverty a fairly good company with strong components?

thanks a bunch
Redline makes a set, so does S&M, they make a 4 peice called the c-4 and a 2 peice called a gay bar. they wont work with a mbt stem but a good bmx stem isnt hard to come buy. povertys stuff is cheap but i dont think that they make good parts

M

M.W.

Originally posted by Ir Dan

Redline makes a set, so does S&M, they make a 4 peice called the c-4 and a 2 peice called a gay bar. they wont work with a mbt stem but a good bmx stem isnt hard to come buy. povertys stuff is cheap but i dont think that they make good parts
You can set them up in an MTB stem if you get a set of shims that come with un-bulged MTB bars...

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
If you want small BMX bars look at www.flatlandfuel.com most of the bars for flatland bikes are small but look close at the spece cause alot of em hav no back sweep which can feel strange and make it hard to jump or ride street.
Most of these will still be to big for a MTB bike.
The redlines come as small as 3" RISE I think.

Poverty is a brand crated by Dan's mail order. The owner wanted to make parts more affordable for the riders getting into BMX so he started getting cheap stuff from Tiawan and China to sell under the Poverty name. It's great stuff for a beginner but doesn't last long under hard riding.