Quantcast

bmx forks

Sep 17, 2003
so i sold my p-2 and am building a bmx bike.
I want to know what , if any, difference there is between an odyssey dirt fork and a volume dirt fork. i can get a good deal on the volume and dans price on odyssey....anyone have any input?

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
The Odyssey fork uses that 41 Thermal heat treating process which makes them incredibly stiff and nigh indestructible. I don't think they do that on the Volume fork unless they have some new model of which I am currently unaware.

Most of the BMX kids I know are moving to the Odyssesy fork now, and most kids I know aren't having any problems. The other good news is that they have one of the best warranties in the industry.

I guess what I'm saying is that if I had to choose between those two, I'd go with Odyssey. On my own personal bike I still run S&M Pitchforks, though - and I likely always will.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
yeah get the dirt fork. you honestly won't find a warranty that good anywhere. the dirt fork is lighter than most forks too. currently i'm running the MacNeil Ruben fork. if it weren't for the fact that i got them super cheap i'd definetly be running the odyssey.