Quantcast

BMX is the new core

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
So I'm planning that maybe we can all rent out orange Y bmx (it's a bmx track... supposedly best in the nation)

It starts @ $150 for 2 hours. ($75 an hour with a 2 hour minimum)

So we're looking at 20 people for 3 hours for ~$11 each? (or 10 for $22...)

Anyone up for some BMX action? (26 inch bikes are okay)

Dave

http://orangeybmx.com/

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Save your money! The track is not too good right now. Bellflower is a little better, and you don't need to be an ABA member. Look at Hollywood Sports Park. There are probably other tracks that are better than Bellflower...maybe some other folks know about them.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
You can go to the Kearny track and ride for about 5 bucks!...but I'm always open to try new tracks...D

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
The SBF Racing guys have made a couple of friends at the Bellflower track; even allowed them their own "run whacha brung" class on a couple of occassions... Otherwise, just get your license, practice at any track, and if you feel up to it you can run your MTB in the open cruiser class.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Normally Orangy Y bmx is one of the top 5 bmx tracks in the Nation, along with one of the tracks in Pennsylvania, I think it's near pittsburgh, but don't remember the name of the track. Also Orlando Fairgrounds BMX track in florida, is right up there as well. I've heard that Boulder BMX track, near Bootleg canyon is supposed to be real good.
But yeah Kearny BMX is always fun, not the best track I've ridden at, but the big step triple and the triple and double on the second straight are real fun to jump. When I get my DK Pro 20" bike back from a friend I sold it to awhile back, I'm gonna bring it over to kearny along with my bighit and session the track after the racing.