Quantcast

BMX / MTB pros doing Motorsports ....

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Jamie Bestwick and Dave Mirra. Yall think of anyone else?

Jamie Bestwick at the Donington Park circuit as he shreds some laps on the Ron Haslam race schoolhttp://vimeo.com/5543022

Dave Mirra first Rally gap jump attempt ever.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i think its all crap. its dumb that anyone can hop into a rallyx car in the xgames as long as they have a prior reputation. its just like trophy truck racing, its all the thugs from fmx driving trucks

just watched the bestwick video. he really doesnt have very good form on a sportbike.

its cool that they are trying other things, but its irritating to see all these avenues open up for them, but not for the people that are truly passionate about those sports.

ill leave my viewing pleasure for motorsports up to the ones that earn their livelihood from it

Last edited:

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
its cool that they are trying other things, but its irritating to see all these avenues open up for them, but not for the people that are truly passionate about those sports.
totally agree.

it's a little cheesy but most of the guys that are doing it earned their stripes many times over so if they want to go have fun beating on rally cars, more power to em. its much safer to participate in and easier on the body than what they did before, and definitely more of an old man's sport. to the companies its a marketing tool so for the riders is it selling out? i dunno. i was a rally fan and rallycrossed my beater subarus before the whole DC/xgames thing happened and rally became extreme and loved by flatbillers which is a little bit lame for rally, but on the plus side if it helps it to become more mainstream and prevalent in the US i guess it is a step in the right direction. they actually pulled WRC from speed channel a few years ago in favor of more nascar coverage!!:rant:
BTW rallycross is damn near the cheapest motorsport you can do for those with some mechanical ability and knowhow. a $300-1000 subaru or audi 4k heavily gutted, with skids, fresh struts, welded rear and takeoff rally tires from pro rally can own an STi in the right hands. they dont go through tires, they don't break that much, you cant crash into anything(except roll). Id venture to say rallycross is cheaper to do than DH for some.

Last edited: