Quantcast

BMX newbie please help

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
Im trying to find a BMX bike for free style and dirt jump. I dont want to spend a whole lot of money on my first bike but sont want to buy somthing to fall apart in a month also. I found a huffy half ton for 150. Is this a decent bike? Also what about fitting a bike. I noticed there are different sizes when it comes to ordering frames but waht about mail order bikes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by crackmunch
Im trying to find a BMX bike for free style and dirt jump. I dont want to spend a whole lot of money on my first bike but sont want to buy somthing to fall apart in a month also. I found a huffy half ton for 150. Is this a decent bike? Also what about fitting a bike. I noticed there are different sizes when it comes to ordering frames but waht about mail order bikes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
What do you consider a lot of money??? The Huffy you ask about is not really a dirt jumper...take a look at www.danscomp.com they have a huge assortment to choose from...I'm not saying buy from them but they have all the specs and pics on most bikes.

I have an ad in the buy/sell forum..if you see something you like let me know.... http://www.ridemonkey.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8477

CrAckErKorEan

Nov 29, 2001
Well i was only looking to spend about 150-200. I just got a mountain bike a month ago so trying to limit my spending. I want somthing that i can take to the local skate park and learn flat land also. Ill send you a PM BMXman maybe we can work somthing out. Thanks

Stinky Monkey

Monkey
Sep 2, 2001
The Big Sleazy again!
Originally posted by crackmunch
Dont get that Huffy what ever you do.
Get a Poverty Buck99 from Dans comp. They are $199.00!!
Dans will be getting more in stock on the 22 of this month.
I was planning on getting one but I found a good deal on ebay.

CrAckErKorEan

Nov 29, 2001
Does this bike have a gyro? would it be stupid of me to put pegs on it? I wasnt able to find much info on the bike. I would like to learn to grind and jump and all that good stuff. I know itl take a while but hey i got the time so. Thanks for the suggestion

S

seth399

my buddy got a buck99 recently. Definitely the best bike for the money I'd say. BUT:
pegs- it has 3/8" axles, so they can bend rather easily if your not smooth/bash stuff
also, hes axles were crazy short, so hes not even sure he can get pegs on them... Just a few notes for ya;)

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Stinky Monkey

Dont get that Huffy what ever you do.
Get a Poverty Buck99 from Dans comp. They are $199.00!!
Dans will be getting more in stock on the 22 of this month.
I was planning on getting one but I found a good deal on ebay.
Huffy's aren't the pieces of crap that they used to be. Huffy actually makes some very good bikes right now. I personally ride a Huffy Enigma and it rides as good as any of the S&M's I have owned at the local trails.

Stinky Monkey

Monkey
Sep 2, 2001
The Big Sleazy again!
Originally posted by Metal

Huffy's aren't the pieces of crap that they used to be. Huffy actually makes some very good bikes right now. I personally ride a Huffy Enigma and it rides as good as any of the S&M's I have owned at the local trails.
Yea I know there are some good huffys out there. But the half ton and one ton are not that good a deal. You can get better bikes with better parts for about the same amount of $$$$.

CrAckErKorEan

Nov 29, 2001
I was looking through the dans comp cataloug and I found a hoffman resistence. What are you thoughs on this bike. I also noticed that there are 2 axel sizes waht are the differences in uses for the 2 different sizes. Depending on what you say about the hoffman i might end up getting the poverty. I do appreciate all the help.