Quantcast

bmx on the forefront

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
those look pretty sweet but I remember a while back I had a bmx bike and the eastern fork's steerer was internally threaded (no starnut) for the headset fixing bolt. Is this a different take on the same thing?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
fly is so good right now. their hop up kit for h/s are cool too. all about 1 less part on your bike!!

redclover

Chimp
Feb 13, 2007
Those have been available for quite some time via Odyssey and others... not all forks use the same ones though...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
BMX forks have had welded in starnuts for a while now and they work great. Trouble with mtb forks is the different lengths.

That being said, I really like the headset caps from Tree. They make one that fits the larger bolt size starnut that's pretty common.

Tree's bar end caps are very slick too.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
i have that setup on my odyssey classic fork...but i think it looks cleaner:

the bar end idea i dont like, cause pretty much every cuts their bars...and the fly cap i dont like cause the 6mm allen, i think the 8mm look cleaner.
fly **** is off teh hook though, my bike is all fly/odyssey pretty much...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah fly's stuff is incredible they are pretty much the cleanest bmx company out there right now. I am pretty good friends with punjab so i always get to check out the latest and greatest on his bikes...he sux....cant ride.