Quantcast

BMX this weekend in Port Orchard

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Alright...The Speedy Beavers are racing in the mtn. bike class on Sunday...
I think Ethan and I will be going Saturday too so he can race with the boys. :love:
Anyone else going?

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
I'd go if I had a hardtail to ride!

I would ask Lumberjack to borrow his again, but he may hate me right now for not showing up last sunday :(

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Don't you have a cross country bike? Only one of us will be on a hartail...me and another girl will be on our full suspension bikes. I can lock it out though which is nice.

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
xc bike wont work well at all. you are too far out over the front wheel = endo!
trust me on this one we see it all the time at the outdoor tracks. the xc guys come down to sumner from victor falls to ride the bmx track like they were 17 again and splat.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
i'm afraid none of my bikes would work, my xc bike is very xc and my 38lbs dh is the only full suspension i have! and my bmx is a heavy freeride-type

dang! i'm just going to have to get MORE kinds of bikes now!

seriously though, I'll try to scrounge a bike up and meet you guys for Sunday

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Megan Black said:
I'd go if I had a hardtail to ride!

I would ask Lumberjack to borrow his again, but he may hate me right now for not showing up last sunday :(
Give him a call, you might be suprised, but you really must show this time, you have the number. ;) Call soon or it may be dedicated to someone else. :D

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
black sunshine said:
xc bike wont work well at all. you are too far out over the front wheel = endo!
trust me on this one we see it all the time at the outdoor tracks. the xc guys come down to sumner from victor falls to ride the bmx track like they were 17 again and splat.
Stange. My husband raced last weekend on my Santa Cruz superlight and took first! Granted...he is an awesome rider...but I have rode that bike at the track in Seatac and had no problems..
There are few changes we will make for it to be more "BMX" friendly...

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
MUTOLI said:
Stange. My husband raced last weekend on my Santa Cruz superlight and took first! Granted...he is an awesome rider...but I have rode that bike at the track in Seatac and had no problems..
There are few changes we will make for it to be more "BMX" friendly...
A downhillers XC bike setup tends to be more like a trailbike than a true XC race bike. Generally were talking riser bars, shorter stem length, seats that are/can be lowered, slightly more aggressive tires. The problem with a true XC race bike is you are much more over the front which is not an issue with your bikes.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Damn - I sooo much want to race. Very jealous.

Megan - if you want to race a bmx bike - you can always borrow my race bike, it's pretty light.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Thank you for the heads up! I am not really worried about going over the bars. I won't be doing anything cool enough to put me in that situation! Soon maybe! :)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
evilbob said:
A downhillers XC bike setup tends to be more like a trailbike than a true XC race bike. Generally were talking riser bars, shorter stem length, seats that are/can be lowered, slightly more aggressive tires. The problem with a true XC race bike is you are much more over the front which is not an issue with your bikes.
Exactly. That is why I'm not too worried about it!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I talked to Ben and we are coming out Sunday to have a little fun! Can't make it Saturday night, Heidi and I got a room at the Sheraton in downtown Seattle to do a little baby-makin'!!!! :love:

Man do I love that baby-makin'! :thumb:
See you on Sunday!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
holliswood said:
I talked to Ben and we are coming out Sunday to have a little fun! Can't make it Saturday night, Heidi and I got a room at the Sheraton in downtown Seattle to do a little baby-makin'!!!! :love:

Man do I love that baby-makin'! :thumb:
See you on Sunday!
Ethan will be bummed! He was hoping to ride with you Saturday. He can't ride Sunday because I am. We are sharing my bike!!!! :confused: That means you get to kick my ass!!! Hopefully there will be enough of us girls that they can give us our own class!!! ( : I don't think they do that though!!!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Megan Black said:
yippee-skippee! lumberjack said i could use his bike again, thanks big-l :love:

see you guys sunday!
Sweet! There will be at least 5 of us girls then.... :cool:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
black sunshine said:
If You Ask For A Girls Class Im Sure They Will Do It.

MIKE R. IS A NICE GUY, JUST DONT ARGUE WITH HIM. NO MEANS NO.
I will make sure to be EXTRA Sweet when I ask! :love: