Quantcast

bmx track fundraiser - questions

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
The south lake tahoe bmx track is trying to put together a fundraiser to raise some $$ for the 2006 season. Anyone have any experience in doing this?

One idea we've had is to do a showing of Joe Kid on a Sting-Ray at the community college movie theatre in town. Any other ideas?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Seriously, I would ask/beg/plead with local shops and distributors to throw some product your way.

I would also think about encouraging more mountain bikers to ride there. While this is not exactly a DS course, it is an untapped market which could be exploited.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
Amydalayna vs Sanjuro rematch
a rematch this season it is! it's on

the track is thinking that it will do a mtn bike category at each race this season. kinda like they did at the last race of the season. that is... if people are interested.

what do you think about the movie fundraiser idea though? any other ideas?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
Seriously, I would ask/beg/plead with local shops and distributors to throw some product your way.

I would also think about encouraging more mountain bikers to ride there. While this is not exactly a DS course, it is an untapped market which could be exploited.
that's what they are trying to do. get some more mtn bike riders insterested. alot of times people don't even know that mtn bikes are allowed there.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yeah, the Joe-Kid thing is a good idea. If you can get local shops involved, you can do a raffle for prizes. Fastest rider on the track contest - everyone throws down a couple bucks or so to take a couple of timed runs - fastest rider gets a trophy and bragging rights. You can do several classes of those including a mtb class. Just a couple of ideas.

mmaddmark

Monkey
Feb 24, 2004
well, what i have done in the past is raffle off a bike. turn over the proceeds to the track. make it a 129.99 freeagent or something like that. do it on a day with alot of people at the track, get some high school hotties to go around taking the $ for tickets,etc... it works

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
kidwoo said:
I'll buy overpriced micro-brews while dirtjumping behind the school if they sell them at the track.
Uh, I think the family theme of bmx precludes beer sales. You are going to have to stay with OE800 for apres-DJ beverages.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo said:
I'm confused at the implication that dirtjumping must cease before slammin OE foaties (yo) commences.
does your secret come out? is this how you jump with such style? Old English?
I have always been petrified of those DJs by the school, but maybe I'll slame down some booze first and see how it goes!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
amydalayna said:
does your secret come out? is this how you jump with such style? Old English?
I have always been petrified of those DJs by the school, but maybe I'll slame down some booze first and see how it goes!
Don't confuse style with floppy.:)

You have to approach it scientifically.

You alreadly KNOW they sketch you out sober. Doubtful they would sketch you out more otherwise.............

mmaddmark

Monkey
Feb 24, 2004
ride sober, party like its the end of the world after the ride. i know a guy that always says "oh i cant unless i had a few" and thats always entertaining watching him crash,...after he's had a few. if you cant do it sober...you cant do it. sounds all stuffy, i know. and belive me, i party more than most. but samuel adams at the trails is never a good decision

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ride sober, party like its the end of the world after the ride. i know a guy that always says "oh i cant unless i had a few" and thats always entertaining watching him crash,...after he's had a few. if you cant do it sober...you cant do it. sounds all stuffy, i know. and belive me, i party more than most. but samuel adams at the trails is never a good decision

You know your right.

I got so drunk jumping once I fell asleep.