Quantcast

bmx'er T1 founder Joe Rich on a 26"

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
and not to leave him out.... the other Terrible One co-founder Taj Mihelich has a 26 too.

who cares? yes. who cares. but it's cool that those who would strictly label and categorize realize that their so-called idols are into riding bikes period, whatever size and setup.

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
no one saw that nsmb story about ruben alcantara chilling in whistler and riding a big (dh) bike?
heard he owned even after dropping his chain. not surprising.
bike skills are bike skills, and choice of bike is choice of bike.
so nice to have so many options.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'd love to see that footage of Ruben, I heard about it a while ago. I bet he pumps and has mad steeze.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
hamilton was on the 24" federal cruiser, anson was in there too. and to answer your ? that's a sledgehammer he's on. pretty damn cool though

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
hey, not to be a hater, but that Taj blog was photoshopped apparantly. It was clarified in some blog comments somewhere. Look at the powerline on the front tire of the roadbike tuck, it goes in front of the tire or something... I'm not ps pro, but it became apparant. Either way, believe it or not, I could care less, he could probably pull that stuff if he wanted to I'm sure, but like snaky said, it would probably mean the demise of his bikes! haha.

and great article about Ruben in Whistler too, he sounds like chill cat to hang out with. Too bad there are no photo shots of him in action, I'm sure he could break out some steezy shift to rival about any mtb pro. (well, if they could find an mtb bike to hold up to his abuse anyway, haha!)

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
That pic of Joe Rich is dope (although try to find me a bad shot of that guy).

Riding big wheeled bikes has been going on since the beginning. I think some of the newer riders forgot about it. Can't get any more BMX or roots than this shot of OM Scot Breithaupt on a 26" SE cruiser.

I'm surprise Taj has a roadie bike tho - I would have guessed he would use a fixed messenger style bike for riding on road.