Quantcast

Boatload of Firestone Photos (DH and DS)

Rick_R

Chimp
Apr 25, 2007
gilroy
I just finished posting over 1400 photos from the Beginner / Sport / Expert (& Jr X) Downhill Practice and Race along with Dual Slalom Practice and Races. They are at:

http://bikeguy.smugmug.com/2008 NMBS Santa Ynez Valley National Mtn Bike Race

Each folder has both the smaller unedited photos and the larger full-sized edited photos. The files are arranged by plate number (number at the beginning of the file name. Given the bright sun and really dark shadows, you really want to use the edited copies ( if you have a bunch of spare time look at the differences between the files (edited and unedited).

I got really lazy at the Beginner /Sport DH Race and Saturday's DS races. I found some shade and waited for the riders to come to me. So basically, most of the photos all look the same, because I was way too hot to move.

Here are some that I like:

Please feel free to use for your personal use.

Regards
Rick

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ohh sh*t! 3rd photo down is my buddy Todd. Looks like that felt good...

Zuke

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
SLO, CA
Cool pics! I just bought 2. Wish mine woulda been in the rock garden (Mens Sport), but I still like 'em...

Rick_R

Chimp
Apr 25, 2007
gilroy
Cool pics! I just bought 2. Wish mine woulda been in the rock garden (Mens Sport), but I still like 'em...
If you have a decent ink jet printer, you can just download the photo (no charge) and print it yourself. Move the cursor over the right-hand side of the larger photo on the page and select the Save Photo option.

Sorry about not being at the top of the course for your race, but at that point, I was just plain overheated. Sitting in the sun for the expert race just cooked me, so I sat in the shade down at the bottom of the course and prayed for a breeze.

Regards
Rick

Zuke

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
SLO, CA
If you have a decent ink jet printer, you can just download the photo (no charge) and print it yourself. Move the cursor over the right-hand side of the larger photo on the page and select the Save Photo option.

Sorry about not being at the top of the course for your race, but at that point, I was just plain overheated. Sitting in the sun for the expert race just cooked me, so I sat in the shade down at the bottom of the course and prayed for a breeze.

Regards
Rick
Ohhhh, I didn't even realize I could download it for free. Thanks for the tip. Don't you get any % from the pic sales? I wanted to do my fair share to support your photog skills. :)

Yeah, it was hotter than hell that day, but you shoulda been there on Friday's practice day. It was probably 5-10 degrees hotter!! :eek:

Keep up the good work!
-Kevin (#739)

dancorley

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Colorado
nice to see quality digitals available for free! I can appreciate the companies who take great pics and then sell them, but wouldn't it be nice if each major race included pics in the price of racing?!?!

Rick_R

Chimp
Apr 25, 2007
gilroy
nice to see quality digitals available for free! I can appreciate the companies who take great pics and then sell them, but wouldn't it be nice if each major race included pics in the price of racing?!?!
This is something the local races (Central Calif) is trying to do. I'll shoot the races (XC and DH) and then post the photos; riders / parents then download them or print (without markup) the photos they want. Seems to work OK, riders get photos and I get paid for the time and expense folded into the entry fee. This is a very different model than, having to rely on the sales of photos. Given that everybody has been spoiled by the internet (expecting everything for free) and photos costing money (Time, equipment, hosting) having the photographer get a flat fee for each rider in the entry fee, seems to allow for everybody desires.

Regards
Rick