Quantcast

Bob "Frants" Roll on the Landis Affair

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Wow. Is Bob Roll wearing blinders and earplugs or what? The testosterone found was synthetic, and he makes no mention of that?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
SilentJ said:
I'd probably end up punching him in the throat after the fiftieth time hey mentioned the "tour day frants".
i'm sure that's the reaction he's looking for, i personally think it's an ongoing jab at people who take pronunciation way too seriously.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Skookum said:
i'm sure that's the reaction he's looking for, i personally think it's an ongoing jab at people who take pronunciation way too seriously.
Agreed.

Think about it. We speak english, why should we try to pronounce it with some french accent?
If it were in germany, would we call it Tour De Deutchland? **** no.

Tour DAY GERMANY!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlyShirley said:
Agreed.

Think about it. We speak english, why should we try to pronounce it with some french accent?

Tour DAY GERMANY!
Yah if there was a NFL team from Paris do you think anyone here would really care if someone from France called it Le Supairbeauwel?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Skookum said:
i think Bob Roll would be fun to ride with.:)
I think Bob Roll would be fun to drink with. (He's not one of those sissy "I don't drink" dudes, is he?) :p

Skookum said:
He prounounces many of the names of the French towns correctly. I also think it's a jab at the pronounciation nazis.

Skookum said:
Yah if there was a NFL team from Paris do you think anyone here would really care if someone from France called it Le Supairbeauwel?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
do you still call beijing peking?

or mumbai bombay?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I just have a real hard time reading about "Dick Pound" LOL.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
That essay is not dated and might have been from before they found the synthetic. But I agree with him in that there are too many things that just don't add up. Unless he was on the roid program the whole time and used a masking agent or something to pass the earlier tests, it doesn't make sense.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Ciaran said:
I think Bob Roll would be fun to drink with. (He's not one of those sissy "I don't drink" dudes, is he?)
don't you know this guys backgound history ?

he could have easily gone down the path in life that would have made him a 1%er.

i met him at a mt. bike race back when he came off the road and rode a lemond mt. bike.
he drinks.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dhbuilder said:
don't you know this guys backgound history ?

he could have easily gone down the path in life that would have made him a 1%er.

i met him at a mt. bike race back when he came off the road and rode a lemond mt. bike.
he drinks.
I don't know a whole lot about Bobke. I got into "cycling" when I got into mountain bikes in the early 90's. Before that I had never watched a Tour or any other bike racing other than BMX. I remember him riding MTB for ProFlex (Girvin?) and hearing that he was a roadie and "sombody", but I wasn't huge into racing so I never looked into it.
So, no... I don't know about this guy.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
BurlyShirley said:
Wow. Is Bob Roll wearing blinders and earplugs or what? The testosterone found was synthetic, and he makes no mention of that?
So far that is an unsubstantiated rumor started by some goof toilet cleaner at UCI who got the information as an unsubstantiated leak from some goof hack-writer on the Eurotrash sports journal L'Equipe who got the information as an unsubstantiated leak from some goof at the lab that performed the "A" test. Without proof and documented numbers it means less than nothing. Tomorrow will tell us. And if the exogenous testosterone is present in trace amounts it still won't be a meaningful result.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
johnbryanpeters said:
:rofl: Read your own quote carefully.
Bwaaahaaa...

But the article: Roll is full of ****. He makes a few good points (eg, flawed anti-doping system), but he makes such an ass of himself throughout the article proclaiming Landis' innocence that he shreds any credibility the piece might've had with the broader community.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
blue said:
Bwaaahaaa...

But the article: Roll is full of ****. He makes a few good points (eg, flawed anti-doping system), but he makes such an ass of himself throughout the article proclaiming Landis' innocence that he shreds any credibility the piece might've had with the broader community.
Everybody else is already judging Landis guilty without any real evidence, since there hasn't been any real evidence released. So Roll may as well judge him innocent just to toss some weight on to the other side. He is just a little bit more blindly pro-American than Dubya, which is kind of sickening, but he's entertaining as always, which is his job. And he's ridden more Tours than any of the other posers on this forum, so I guess he knows a little bit about bike racing and doping.