Quantcast

BOB Ibex XC touring trailer

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I bought one yesterday and took it for a 90 minute test ride today. I am impressed so far but have not loaded it down with the max 75 lbs. Anyone ever do any mountain touring with this particular trailer?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My housemate toured the north island of NZ with his. He had it loaded pretty well, but I don't think he filled it to close to 75lbs. He said it was important to get the bulk of the weight close to the front of the trailer. He also threw out a bunch of stuff he started off with during his travels, lightening his load even further.

Also, he broke the recommended speed limit somewhat down hills and mountains. Apparantly it's not too bad, but can get a bit unstable over bumps at high speed.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Changleen said:
My housemate toured the north island of NZ with his. He had it loaded pretty well, but I don't think he filled it to close to 75lbs. He said it was important to get the bulk of the weight close to the front of the trailer. He also threw out a bunch of stuff he started off with during his travels, lightening his load even further.

Also, he broke the recommended speed limit somewhat down hills and mountains. Apparantly it's not too bad, but can get a bit unstable over bumps at high speed.
I took mine down some forest access roads (not fully loaded) and hit about 25 - it was still buttery smooth. It has 3 suspension settings depending on weight. Maybe it needs a Romic? :oink: