Quantcast

Bode Miller - what a joke!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
indieboy said:
he hasn't proved it to you with his MANY world cup wins. the only thing this man hasn't won is an olympic title.
He's obviously proved it to you and that's cool.

But to ME personally, nope - not yet. I didn't follow him before all the pre-olympic hype and the Nike endorsement and ads. It was only until then and his outspoken comments that I even took notice of him.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong in his upcoming races. I guess we'll have to wait and see how he does.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Toninator said:
what's there for him to back down from?
:stupid:

Thanks Ton - why should I back down from my convictions?

I respect yours, and I'm not changing mine.

I'll re-evaluate if Mr. Miller does something to cause me to change my mind.

Fair enough?

J

JRB

uhm - this thread is about Bode Miller, IAB. How exactly are you contributing here??? :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MMcG said:
:stupid:

Thanks Ton - why should I back down from my convictions?

I respect yours, and I'm not changing mine.

I'll re-evaluate if Mr. Miller does something to cause me to change my mind.

Fair enough?
You called Bode Miller a "joke" - right there in the subject line. Even with the information we have provided (overall World Cup champion title, many WC wins in multiple disciplines) do you still think he's a "joke"?

As far as the hype - that's your own fault for lapping up the $hit the media's dishing out. :p

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
It is amzing how the olympics brings out armchair quaterbacks. People who never pay any attention to sports like skiing, both the public and sports writers, suddenly become experts on the sports.................

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Zutroy said:
It is amzing how the olympics brings out armchair quaterbacks. People who never pay any attention to sports like skiing, both the public and sports writers, suddenly become experts on the sports.................
couldnt have put it better myself.

J

JRB

FREERDR4LF said:
anybody with the name Bode probably sucks anyways.
Am i right?
can i get a bump bump?
don't leave me hangin'.....
Especially a gay skier that drinks all night with figure skaters. He's got to be an asshole. He's a joke, no doubt.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
One more chance left for Bode at the Olympics.

So far he's 0-4 with a disqualification and a DNF. Can he pull out something spectacular in the slalom - his last chance for a medal?

J

JRB

MMcG said:

So far he's 0-4 with a disqualification and a DNF. Can he pull out something spectacular in the slalom - his last chance for a medal?
Hater. :D

edit - he had better hope the "gay" rumor that I started sticks. That is his only chance for publicity moving forward. :think:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
MMcG said:

bummed he DNF'd Saturday, but his save was CRAZY! I have no idea how he didn't wipe out at that speed with his leg suspended behind him. Unbelievable.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
jimmydean said:
Maybe no he will learn to not talk so much sh*t before the races. But I doubt it.

"One of the good things about my career is I have such extensive knowledge, so I always go as hard as I can," Miller told The Associated Press. "Some guys can go 70-80 percent and get results, but I wouldn't do that.

"If things went well, I could be sitting on four medals, maybe all of them gold."

Here is more Bode speak for you.
If talking out of your azz was an Olympic event, he would be standing on the top spot, and posing for his "Wheaties" picture.

J

JRB

Jeremy R said:
<snip>
Here is more Bode speak for you.
If talking out of your azz was an Olympic event, he would be standing on the top spot, and posing for his "Wheaties" picture.
This may be better than the suspension guy arguing in DH and then calling it a "horse link". :think: :trophy_br

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Jeremy R said:
I actually love to watch the guy ski, but he needs to stop talking like
Nicole Ritchey stopped eating. All together. No more quotes.
Or we could stop listening...............

That's actually more likely to happen. :p

Edit: He is great fun to watch, but all the other top DH'ers are as well.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I am unclear with what Bode is saying that is pissing all of you off. He races for fun and happens to be good, he doesn't care if he wins and thinks that the sport of it is the point, personal progression is why he chooses to continue racing...am i missing something?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Heath Sherratt said:
I am unclear with what Bode is saying that is pissing all of you off. He races for fun and happens to be good, he doesn't care if he wins and thinks that the sport of it is the point, personal progression is why he chooses to continue racing...am i missing something?
Yeah. You're missing the complete denseness of the general population........ :D

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
man i saw the race last night. WOAH! I thought he was going to pass out. Unfit? your call.

it was interesting to hear that he's done a 154 world cup events in the last 2 years though. that's a big number.

i wonder if i do a 154 norba events if i'll be popular too?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Heath Sherratt said:
If he doesn't care if he wins, why compete? Why not just ski for fun, star in some Warren Miller movies and let someone else compete for the US??

Couldn't he personally progress without racing??

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
MMcG said:
If he doesn't care if he wins, why compete? Why not just ski for fun, star in some Warren Miller movies and let someone else compete for the US??

Couldn't he personally progress without racing??
He wanted to quit, and not go to the O-games... I agree with Heath... the guy is blessed with being one of the fastest on skis, he loves skiing and the competition is an added bonus...