Quantcast

Bode Miller - what a joke!

J

JRB

Skookum said:
Why does a drunk skiier get 14 pages on a mt. bike forum?:wonky2:
Because a bunch of guys sitting in chairs that didn't make the Olympic team somehow feel better about baggin' on him.

*Toni - if you do 154 events in a year, you'll be a bigger prick than Bode. You're a big mouth and you just do limited endurance races.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
loco said:
Because a bunch of guys sitting in chairs that didn't make the Olympic team somehow feel better about baggin' on him.
a friend of Mandi's has qualified for the (summer) Olympic team; some running ****. i wonder how she feels about Bode....

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
a friend of Mandi's has qualified for the (summer) Olympic team; some running ****. i wonder how she feels about Bode....
If she didn't qualify for skiing in the summer games, which is highly unlikely, I don't care how she feels. :D

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I wonder if the guy who got bumped from the US team...ie: the guy who could have had Miller's spot, is pissed that he's not taking it seriously....

It's like.....it's like going on American Idol, making it to the final and then performing a medley of Weird Al Yankovic selctions.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
MMike said:
I wonder if the guy who got bumped from the US team...ie: the guy who could have had Miller's spot, is pissed that he's not taking it seriously....

It's like.....it's like going on American Idol, making it to the final and then performing a medley of Weird Al Yankovic selctions.

Yo yo yo umm Yoda.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
MMike said:

you don't think bode went all out in his run yesterday? how did his performance yesterday show that he's not taking it seriously?

i think he gave it his all, but everyone in the top spots had crazy fast times.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
amydalayna said:
you don't think bode went all out in his run yesterday? how did his performance yesterday show that he's not taking it seriously?

i think he gave it his all, but everyone in the top spots had crazy fast times.
Hmmm...I dunno....maybe if he'd like...ya know...trained, or maybe not drank....

Yeah everyone got "crazy fast " times....So if Bode is giving it his all, and yet not achieving these crazy fast times, should he be there?

He sure looked WAY more out of breath than everyone else did after their runs..... It's called a Stairmaster Bode! Look into it!

He's a tool.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
MMike said:
He sure looked WAY more out of breath than everyone else did after their runs..... It's called a Stairmaster Bode! Look into it!

He's a tool.
you're ridiculous.
the guy trains. what makes YOU know he doesn't? because he admits to boozing it up? and magazines hype that up?

he's done how many world cup events?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
amydalayna said:
you're ridiculous.
the guy trains. what makes YOU know he doesn't? because he admits to boozing it up? and magazines hype that up?

he's done how many world cup events?
You may as well give up. These folks *are* the American public. Lapping up the media bull$hit like it was warm milk in a saucer.

Move along - nothing to see here. Things will get back to normal for the WC skiers after this stuff has settled down.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SkaredShtles said:
You may as well give up. These folks *are* the American public. Lapping up the media bull$hit like it was warm milk in a saucer.

Move along - nothing to see here. Things will get back to normal for the WC skiers after this stuff has settled down.
YEP... in a country where American Idol outscores the Olympics in ratings...:nonono: WTF

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
SkaredShtles said:
I do give up. Fine. Bode is just a drunk. and even though he's won world cup titles, he's just all hype.

i get annoyed when anyone gives any dh skiiers sh*t.
It's an amazing sport where people win and loose over a hundreth of a second. i can't even comprehend a hundreth of a second.

and Bode DNFs and these folks call him crap. Does anyone ever know how many competitors DNF in these events? tons. you just don't see it because we are watching American olympics coverage. they aren't going to show every racer from czech republic, slovenia, etc.... that DNFs. Just the ones they want to get people worked up about.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
amydalayna said:
I do give up. Fine. Bode is just a drunk. and even though he's won world cup titles, he's just all hype.

It's an amazing sport where people win and loose over a hundreth of a second. i can't even comprehend a hundreth of a second.

and Bode DNFs and these folks call him crap. Does anyone ever know how many competitors DNF in these events? tons. you just don't see it because we are watching American olympics coverage. they aren't going to show every racer from czech republic, slovenia, etc.... that DNFs. Just the ones they want to get people worked up about.
I like the Giant Slalom the best - did you see the even last evening? Talk about fast monstrous turns. :thumb:

I still would've rather been off-piste skiing some of that 1-1/2 feet of powder they had received. :drool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
amydalayna said:

and Bode DNFs and these folks call him crap. Does anyone ever know how many competitors DNF in these events? tons.
How many people got DNF's in the race that Bode DNF'd in? It would be good to know. How can I find out?

I'm not giving all DH skiers crap - just Bode. :D

J

JRB

I'm glad that people are so far up Bode's ass that they know where he's been all week. :think: Get a friggin' life, losers.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Is the gold by Ligety the only US Men's alpine skiing medal so far?

Has it been an overall disappointing olympics for our men compared to how they normally fare on the World Cup circuit?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
In the combined 22 DNF vs 35 finishers

besides Bode, Reich also went off course while leading on a mjor mental mistake.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
MMcG said:
Has it been an overall disappointing olympics for our men compared to how they normally fare on the World Cup circuit?
Not if you were to consider this gathering just another world cup event. What you should understand is that these guys are winning and losing races every single week during the season. Being DQ'd, losing by hundredths, wiping out, injuring themselves. It's all business as usual for these elite skiers.

I think they all kick a$$. :thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
rumor has it Bode Miller rolled his ankle today, playing basketball. i have a lot of first-hand experience in rolled ankles, and know that this can range to minor swelling - stiff the next day, to tennis-ball-in-the-ankle, purple and yellow bruises, stiff as hell for a week. i wonder which it is for Bode?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Wow a lot of hate in this thread.. What is amazing is that I am willing to bet not ONE person in this thread has his athleticism. Bunch of clowns.

He is a athlete, he is raking the dough. There is a reason for it. He is one of the best at what he does. What it takes to get to that level is something obviously not many here do grasp.