Quantcast

Body for Life?

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
1,794
0
Napavine, Warshington
Any of you monkey folks try this program? I need to lose weight and I work from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. monday through friday. So just riding every day isn't an option. I can scratch an hour maximum a day from my very busy schedule to work out.

Is the plan sound? The diet sound?

:confused:

If not this then what?
 

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
12,647
664
Front Range, dude...
Never personally used it, but in a former life as a personal trainer, trained several people through it. It is a sound program, based on the periodization principal (Format your training according to what season it is, and where you are in that season). But the crux of it is lifestyle modification. When youdrop the weight, to keep it off, you must maintain the healthy eating/exercise habits you use during the program. I was initially opposed to the Body for Life, because it was all based on the EAS supplement line, but after reading the book and seeing the results on my clients, I beleive in it.
Also simply try smaller portions of food at meals, more water (Cold water helps digestion and fire your metabolism.) and watching what you eat/when you eat (No carbs after dark, no eating after dinner)
Good luck!
 

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
117
0
Chico
I have no idea what this plan is, but a couple things i do know that will help pretty immediately are: Cut out sugary foods like candy, soda pop and junk food like chips. That stuff is just keepin the fat on you. Soda is one of the biggest offenders followed up by candy bars and chips. Once you get off the soda kick you wont even want it anymore, its just all sugary and gross. Some people tell me they cant give up soda, but what would u rather be? drinkin soda or chunky?
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
excuses excuses....

Just change your diet a tad and find time for a workout. i try to do a spin class a week at the Y. Then a healthy ride or two a week. If i changed my diet i'd be a stud....:oink:
 

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
564
0
nashvegas
ummbikes said:
Any of you monkey folks try this program? I need to lose weight and I work from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. monday through friday. So just riding every day isn't an option. I can scratch an hour maximum a day from my very busy schedule to work out.

Is the plan sound? The diet sound?

:confused:

If not this then what?
I tried this diet. I used to way 250lb. and it got me down to 120lb. Past that it didn't really help. But I really think you'll love the obsessive workouts and small bit of eating you get to do...remember..it's "FOR LIFE" :)
 

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
1,794
0
Napavine, Warshington
Skookum said:
excuses excuses....

Just change your diet a tad and find time for a workout. i try to do a spin class a week at the Y. Then a healthy ride or two a week. If i changed my diet i'd be a stud....:oink:
I have made riding and excercise a low priority, but am ready to start up again.

A couple spinning classes a week after work and I'll lift a couple days too, and then I'll be in shape enough to ride xc again.

It would be cool to have TBBXC ride again some day.

:dancing:
 

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
1,794
0
Napavine, Warshington
kizzi77 said:
I tried this diet. I used to way 250lb. and it got me down to 120lb. Past that it didn't really help. But I really think you'll love the obsessive workouts and small bit of eating you get to do...remember..it's "FOR LIFE" :)
Why so snarky sparky?
 

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
29,693
2,406
Portland, OR
You can join the challenge and win dough!

I need to do something soon. Even since I got out of the National Guard, I've put on 25 pounds. Funny how eating whatever you want is great when your running a lot, but stop running and BAM!

I have to agree that running does wonders. I hate running, but it does burn the fat. It's also a very different muscle group than riding and works well for cross training.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
I used it several years ago.. 3 months 35 pds. it works. the best part about it is that is very obtainable... , you never feel hungry and your not putting a crazy amount of hours in the gym...
give it a shot .. then after 3 months is up you can change it to fit your life better
 

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
1,794
0
Napavine, Warshington
Changleen said:
Eat less, you glutton.
Well duh, I'm American Changleen I have 24 hour access to deep fried tacos and hamburgers. Plus all our food is chock full of hormones!

Oh, and I eat too much and excercise too little.:blah: