Quantcast

bodybuilders and fitness people

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hey, since there is no quorum in the fitness forums..

next week am switching from a loosing fat diet, into a bulking diet.
i´ve been doing light weight training for 3 weeks, switched to medium this week.

what is the difference between the sets you´d do for volume (as on thick) and those you´d do for definition (as on bruce lee thin but ripped) how much is that defined by genes? and how much by training?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If you are trying to bulk, eat everything in sight, lots of protein and yes, even fat. Keep the reps low, 4-8, and the weight heavy, 70-85% of of your one rep max. If you dont have a training partner, get one now. Alot of your sets should be to failure. Total sets should be in the 8-12 set range. Also, concentrate on multi joint exercises, squats, bench press, military press, deadlift and the like.
For a good bulking program, get the book "Super Squats" by Randall Stoessen.
Good luck!

ALEXIS_DH said:
hey, since there is no quorum in the fitness forums..

next week am switching from a loosing fat diet, into a bulking diet.
i´ve been doing light weight training for 3 weeks, switched to medium this week.

what is the difference between the sets you´d do for volume (as on thick) and those you´d do for definition (as on bruce lee thin but ripped) how much is that defined by genes? and how much by training?
I'd take your questions to a bodybuilding forum like www.ironmagazine.com

good luck.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Like JohnE said.. compounds are the way to go... eat eat eat, then sleep sleep and eat some more.. 8 hrs sleep is KEY. Genetics play a huge role in how big someone gets. and whether they are the thick or ripped.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
JohnE said:
If you are trying to bulk, eat everything in sight, lots of protein and yes, even fat. Keep the reps low, 4-8, and the weight heavy, 70-85% of of your one rep max. If you dont have a training partner, get one now. Alot of your sets should be to failure. Total sets should be in the 8-12 set range. Also, concentrate on multi joint exercises, squats, bench press, military press, deadlift and the like.
For a good bulking program, get the book "Super Squats" by Randall Stoessen.
Good luck!
thanks.

i´ve been on a 3 set by 15 reps routine on most muscle groups since i started the loose fat part.

i talked to the gym trainer 2 days ago, after talking to the nutrionist who switched me to a bulking diet, and he told me "your routine is fine, just keep the 3-15 on the machines (that isolate muscle, instead of compound motion)".. and i was like wtf? i had the impression high rep low weights were for endurance and stuff like that. i got kinda confused.
then he hinted that i should buy the "10 session personal trainer" scam to get "better results".

its a gold´s gym, their marketing is dubious, they try to hook you on one thing, sell you the next step, and so on....
sketchy business practice...
thanks guys, now i have a better grip on the topic.