Quantcast

Boeing's junkliner

I almost suspect that NASA/Boeing are going to need to attempt to jettison the Starliner crew module to get it out of the way of the space station.

It sounds as though the thruster system's non-functional but they don't want to admit it. If I'm correct, they may not be able to easily and safely get it undocked and away from the station.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I almost suspect that NASA/Boeing are going to need to attempt to jettison the Starliner crew module to get it out of the way of the space station.

It sounds as though the thruster system's non-functional but they don't want to admit it. If I'm correct, they may not be able to easily and safely get it undocked and away from the station.
Put some rocket engines on a B-52 and fly that up there to get em.

1719290339556.png

...In the highly unlikely event that NASA opts not to use the Starliner as a crew return vehicle, the agency has a few options open to it. One could be to remove two crew members from the next Crew Dragon launch – currently set for the latter half of August – or use an upcoming Soyuz, although the latter requires custom seat liners for the crew.

During the June 18 teleconference Stich confirmed that the team had already cleared the vehicle for a contingency or emergency return, and added "I think we will work through each of these issues and we will get to a point where we can bring Butch and Suni back in Starliner."...