Quantcast

%%% Bohica Fridump gmt%%%

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Also also slept like garbage. It would seem our pup is afraid of the garbage truck, so, on top of squealing brakes and the sounds of trash cans being tossed around, we have a crying dog. (=_=)

Tracking shows the new bike making laps around central PA. Hoping it lands at the shop today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Also slept poorly.

A massive 2 1/2" of gods dandruff last night. It will have all melted by this afternoon I'm sure.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Been working too hard recently, I should work on that. OMFG office humor.

Caught 3 more mice yesterday. Up to 7 in the mouse house at the moment.

Contemplating dropping $300 on a used bench vise. :think:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Thankfully slow work day, which gives me time to catch-up, prep for interview presentation, and do some small misc work around the house.

About 3 boxes worth of flooring still needs to go down, but it also needs to be delivered to acclimate for a few days. Got the dishwasher back in last night, which was a big step to happier Wifey. Can't get range in until I get a new hose, which closest HD doesn't have, nor fridge until I get some 1/4* ply laid down to protect the new floors. Kind of thinking I should hold because the cabinets are getting painted next week and I don't feel like having to pull them out again.

New flooring is just fractionally thinner enough that existing floorboards aren't tall enough to mate with existing silicone line. From a best usage of time (and sanity), I have convinced her to up the size from 4" to 6". She really likes the "modem farmhouse" style (whatever the fuck that means) and taller baseboards falls into that category. I ran the math on it and getting 1*6 pine boards, resawing them to 1/2" thick is ~$.4/ft less expensive than actual baseboards. She likes the slightly rougher look when painted and with near 500' over all three floors, that math adds up. I've started acclimating some boards already, but finding straight boards has proven slightly difficult. I need to call the local lumberyard to see what they have for total length of straight board.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Here. Thankfully slow work day, which gives me time to catch-up, prep for interview presentation, and do some small misc work around the house.

About 3 boxes worth of flooring still needs to go down, but it also needs to be delivered to acclimate for a few days. Got the dishwasher back in last night, which was a big step to happier Wifey. Can't get range in until I get a new hose, which closest HD doesn't have, nor fridge until I get some 1/4* ply laid down to protect the new floors. Kind of thinking I should hold because the cabinets are getting painted next week and I don't feel like having to pull them out again.

New flooring is just fractionally thinner enough that existing floorboards aren't tall enough to mate with existing silicone line. From a best usage of time (and sanity), I have convinced her to up the size from 4" to 6". She really likes the "modem farmhouse" style (whatever the fuck that means) and taller baseboards falls into that category. I ran the math on it and getting 1*6 pine boards, resawing them to 1/2" thick is ~$.4/ft less expensive than actual baseboards. She likes the slightly rougher look when painted and with near 500' over all three floors, that math adds up. I've started acclimating some boards already, but finding straight boards has proven slightly difficult. I need to call the local lumberyard to see what they have for total length of straight board.
Can't you get half inch board? My baseboards are usually 1x4 (3/4x3.5 for 8ft ceiling) and I just add a 45deg bevel on top for about 3/16 for a less rough look.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's Friday and that's about all there is to it.

So the jackass doing our refi sent a link to lending tree in the event we wanted to leave a review. He also said not to bother if it would be less than 5 stars. :rofl:

He could have just said "feel free to leave a 2 star review".

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ok, sleep report: I had an average night of sleep, and was up at 5:00 because wife had a ZWIFT meet up to attend and I pedaled alongside her sans Zwift. 75 easy minutes done.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can we just appreciate what IAB does every day?

Dude gets up and runs/swims/bikes, watches a movie, cleans up cat and dog puke, probably poops and eats a donut before 96.4% of us are even awake. Then goes on to do a full work day. Runs or bikes AGAIN, makes dinner and then gets a 12 hour sleep.

GOALS.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can't you get half inch board? My baseboards are usually 1x4 (3/4x3.5 for 8ft ceiling) and I just add a 45deg bevel on top for about 3/16 for a less rough look.
Let me see what I can find...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Can we just appreciate when IAB does every day?

Dude gets up and runs/swims/bikes, watches a movie, cleans up cat and dog puke, probably poops and eats a donut before 96.4% of us are even awake. Then goes on to do a full work day. Runs or bikes AGAIN, makes dinner and then gets a 12 hour sleep.

GOALS.
Ok, sleep report: I had an average night of sleep, and was up at 5:00 because wife had a ZWIFT meet up to attend and I pedaled alongside her sans Zwift. 75 easy minutes done.
i average about 6 hours of sleep a night, but i spend a few extra hours just laying in bed with crippling anxiety

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning Monkeys.

It's Friday and that's about all there is to it.

So the jackass doing our refi sent a link to lending tree in the event we wanted to leave a review. He also said not to bother if it would be less than 5 stars. :rofl:

He could have just said "feel free to leave a 2 star review".
Our company has one of those surveys as well. They're fucking retarded because of how they are written. It's 1-10, 5 questions, 4 asking about the service/meeting/rep with one about "how likely are you to recommend xzy company?" You as a rep are rated on that question. 8-10 are +1, 6-7 are 0, <5 are -1 and your score is averaged as a %. I've had people give 10 across the board but have constant issues with some aspect of the company not being me, so that question gets a super low rating. It ends up nuking my rating and part of my comp is based on that. And the best part? Since the majority of our meetings are on recorded lines or WebEx, managers can see if we're telling people 1) the survey is coming and 2) that that question impacts is vs. the rest, which we get in trouble for. FTS.

Our company has one of those surveys as well. They're fucking retarded because of how they are written. It's 1-10, 5 questions, 4 asking about the service/meeting/rep with one about "how likely are you to recommend xzy company?" You as a rep are rated on that question. 8-10 are +1, 6-7 are 0, <5 are -1 and your score is averaged as a %. I've had people give 10 across the board but have constant issues with some aspect of the company not being me, so that question gets a super low rating. It ends up nuking my rating and part of my comp is based on that. And the best part? Since the majority of our meetings are on recorded lines or WebEx, managers can see if we're telling people 1) the survey is coming and 2) that that question impacts is vs. the rest, which we get in trouble for. FTS.
About 85% of the surveys I have tried to participate in have been extremely ill written.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
About 85% of the surveys I have tried to participate in have been extremely ill written.
We've all complained about it. The mgmt argument is "well, your interaction, if good enough, should be able to change their mind." No. It won't. Not if you've fuck up someone's financial transaction or their account is down and they want to point a finger, even if they are 100% at fault (very common, actually).