Quantcast

Boilo, the Champagne of NE PA.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Any one else a Boilo fan??

Being from NE Pennsylvania and currently living in Louisville, KY. I have introduced a few friends to the joy of Boilo. I made up a gallon for Christmas and it was all gone by Friday afternoon. Made up another Gallon this weekend, but I am hording this batch for myself.

in case you have never had it, here is my simple recepie. There are litterly hundreds of vatiatons, but any will get the job done, before you realize it.

1 large pot
4 oranges sliced thin
4 lemons sliced thin
1 2 pound container of honey
1/2 large box of rasins
6 cinimon sticks
1 tbs all spice
1 tbs fennel seed
1 tbs corriander
1 tbs peppercorns
4 cups water
4 cups ginger ale
1/2 gallon cheap blended whiskey
3 strainers, one reglar, one fine, one extrafine

put all the ingredients, ecxept the whishey in the pot, bring to a boil and simmer for about an hour stiring regularly

after an hour or so, turn off the stove and pour in the whiskey. now turn the stove back on and heat the mixture back up untill just before it begins to simmer, dont want to evaporate out the alcohol.

let the mixture cool a bit, start to strain in the regular size mesh being sure to squeeze as much juice out of the fruit mix, keep straing down untill you get it as pulp free as you like.

keep in the fridge untill time to consume, serve hot in shot glasses, espresso cups or something similar ( you can microwave it) sip and enjoy.
be carefull, this stuff will sneak up on you like a "Molly Maguire"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Bwahhhhhhhhhhh I never in a million years thought I would see BOILO published on RM.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
The was the only shot offered at the dollar dance at my wedding....

Gotta love the coal crackers.....