Quantcast

Boise State. U

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
Boise State Student Who Faked a Hate Crime Against Himself Summoned to Court
December 20, 2006 12:00 PM ET | Permanent Link

A Boise State University student who police say admitted he made up a report of a violent antigay hate crime against himself—but not until after the report inspired hundreds to march in two campus vigils—could now face court action. In November, the student had said a white male used antigay expletives and knocked him unconscious; he had cuts and bruises to prove it. Then, after police initiated an investigation, the student confessed he had never been attacked and had actually used "a stick and his fists to self-inflict his injuries," police told the Boise State Arbiter. Now, police have summoned the student to court on charges of resisting and obstructing officers. Last month, police told the Arbiter that filing a false police report can yield penalties of up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
my cousin just graduated from boise this past summer. she loved it there. i have no real input to the university but my cousin loves it back there and she's not coming back to ca.the only thing i know about boise is the football field is all blue and peaty and shandro did some dh in the dvd roam in idaho.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Boise State Student Who Faked a Hate Crime Against Himself Summoned to Court
December 20, 2006 12:00 PM ET | Permanent Link

A Boise State University student who police say admitted he made up a report of a violent antigay hate crime against himself—but not until after the report inspired hundreds to march in two campus vigils—could now face court action.
Fockin' drama queen.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Don't know much about the school, but I worked for a few months for the Forest Service up there. We were based out of Boise (lived in the Boise National Forest, though). From what I remember, the city is pretty cool. It's a nice size- big enough to get decent places to go, but not too big. I liked it a lot more than other places I've been.

In general, I liked Idaho quite a bit. Some nice riding, but I didn't see much that was stellar. Tons of great opportunities for all sorts of outdoor stuff in general, though.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
It's close-ish to Sun Valley, supposed to have some pretty prime mountain biking once the snow melts... Which may take a while. I was just there last weekend. Ridiculous amounts of snow. I wonder if people read the posts before they reply. Numerous people have pointed out it's in Idaho. Hmmmm

(Note: Yes someone commented about riding in Sun Valley, per a video. I for one, have experienced it "first hand")

And yes, the blue field looks kick a$$ on HDTV

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Sun Valley, 3 hours or so
Tamarack, 2 hours or so
Brundage, 2 hours or so
Ridge to Rivers trail system - out your front door

Skiing, whitewater, hot springs, wilderness close by.
Boise is a small city that's got the usual small city growth issues from getting caught with it's pants down when people were moving there. It's not coastally hip, but for a former cowtown there's decent bistros, clubs, and microbrew.

gg